New York (CNN Business)Apple CEO Tim Cook wants governments around the world to restrict how much data companies can collect from their customers. In an interview with CNN’s Christiane Amanpour at an Apple Store in Brussels, Cook pushed for comprehensive privacy legislation. He argued that big-pocketed corporations have created surveillance operations that promote profit over customers’ ability to control their own information. “You have more information in your devices than in your own home,” he said. “All of this information that is out there is too much. It is just too much. It should not exist.” Apple (AAPL) tried but had little success building a digital advertising business. Google, Apple’s archrival, has built virtually its entire business around collecting customer data then packaging and selling it to advertisers. Cook said he has no issue with the kind of digital advertising championed by Google (GOOGL) and Facebook (FB). But he believes some data collection has crossed the line, particularly the formation of deep digital profiles that Cook claims know more about people than they know about themselves. Read More Privacy is a basic human right, Cook said. That’s why, he claims, Apple decided data collection was against its values and the… Read full this story
- Apple boss Tim Cook says tech has caused ‘great harm to society’ and must be regulated
- Apple CEO Tim Cook 'Proud To Be Gay,' Publicly Acknowledges Sexuality In New Personal Essay
- Apple CEO Tim Cook: "I'm Proud to be Gay"
- Donald Trump News & Update: What’s At Stake If Apple CEO Tim Cook Agrees To Trump’s Audacious ‘Made In The US’ Request?
- Apple Latest News & Updates: CEO Tim Cook Reassures Employees that Apple Desktops Will Continue to Improve
- Airpods Latest, News & Update: Apple CEO Tim Cook Confirms Release Date? How Much Will The Wireless Headphones Cost?
- iMac 2017 Release Date, Latest News & Update: Desktop Computing Is Here To Stay Says CEO Tim Cook
- ‘Airpods’ Release Date, News & Updates: Apple CEO Tim Cook Vows To Release Wireless Earpods In Few Weeks
- EA CEO Tops Businessperson of the Year Poll, Ahead of Apple's Tim Cook
- MacBook Pro 2016 Release Date, News & Update: Tim Cook Confirmed Apple Not Pulling The Mac Line! New Improved Features Revealed!
- iPad Air 3 Release Date, News & Update: What's The Real Score? How About Tim Cook's Official Statement?
- MacBook Pro 2016 Release Date, Latest Rumors, News & Update: Brace For A Big Refresh – Tim Cook
Tim Cook wants stricter privacy laws have 417 words, post on edition.cnn.com at October 24, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.