Germany will not make relations with the United States dependent on individual messages on Twitter, since partnership is “more than 280 characters,” German Foreign Minister Heiko Maas said in an interview with Spiegel.
“Despite all the differences, we still have a working dialogue. I value Secretary of State Mike Pompeo as a colleague and negotiating partner. He accepts our arguments and constructively deals with them,” Maas said when asked about the current state of relations between Germany and the United States.
He added that Berlin will not make relations with the United States dependent on private messages on Twitter.
The German foreign minister also commented on Trump’s statements about Germany’s dependence on Russian gas supplies. “I am ready to discuss this topic, but on the basis of facts,” he said.
After meeting with Trump in July, European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker told reporters that the EU is ready to invest in new terminals for receiving liquefied natural gas, mainly from the United States, but only if prices are competitive.
The United States wants European countries to start importing American liquefied natural gas and has threatened to sanction European companies who invest in the construction of the Nord Stream 2 pipeline, which aims to deliver 55 billion cubic meters of Russian natural gas a year to the European Union, across the Baltic Sea to Germany.
- Military Expert Slams Trump's Tweet Quoting 'Civil War-like Fracture' Warning: 'A Terribly Irresponsible Thing for the President to Say'
- Twitter doubles tweet limit to 280 characters
- German President Refutes Trump’s ‘America First’ Policy at Munich Conference
- Sanders slams Trump pardons as part of 'broken and racist criminal justice system'
- Megachurch Pastor Slams Trump's Immigration Comments. Are Evangelicals Turning Their Backs on Trump?
- Book: Paul Ryan Slammed Trump for Calling Stormy Daniels ‘Horse Face’
- Donald Trump attacks prosecution of Roger Stone while the judge is SENTENCING the dirty trickster - as DOJ lawyers IGNORE Bill Barr to say dirty trickster should not get leniency and call his conviction 'righteous'
- Donald and Dinesh: how Trump found his new favorite film-maker
- Kamala Harris Condemns Trump's 'Vile' Racist Attack, Says She'll Send Him 'Back to Where He Came From' On Election Day 2020
- Roger Stone prosecutors quit en masse after their call to jail him for nine years is over-ruled as Donald Trump DENIES telling Bill Barr to abandon 'ridiculous' sentence call but rages about 'disgraceful' prosecution
- These people could make Trump's life miserable
- Donald Trump names his Germany ambassador to top intelligence post
- Trump Says He Has ‘Total Confidence’ in Attorney General Barr After Criticism of Tweets
- Melania Trump receives university's 'Woman of Distinction' award amid pushback from students
- Great! Donald Trump Cheers Bollywood Gay Romance Movie after Scorning 'Parasite'
- Barr has considered resigning over Trump tweets about DOJ: reports
- Trump’s Presidency Isn’t a Dark Comedy — It’s an Absurd Tragedy
- Roger Stone gets THREE YEARS and four months but will not go straight to prison while he asks for a retrial - as federal judge rejects prosecutors' demand for nine years but savages Donald Trump for interfering and says Stone 'covered up for the president'
- Trump Names Richard Grenell Acting Director of National Intelligence
- Trump looks for permanent national intelligence director
'More Than 280 Characters': German FM Slam Trump's Policy of Tweets have 544 words, post on sputniknews.com at October 3, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono.News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.