LONDON – Securing a Brexit deal will be vital for European security, British Foreign Secretary Jeremy Hunt said Monday, ahead of a week of crucial talks. “This is a crucial week both for the UK and our European partners, Hunt said in a statement ahead of a meeting of European Union foreign ministers in Luxembourg. “The importance of achieving a Brexit deal that respects the autonomy of the EU and the sovereignty of the UK cannot be overstated,” he said. “And delivering this is vital for our security too because economic relations sit at the heart of all our partnerships including the vital security alliances we have with our friends in Europe.” His statement comes ahead of a week in which British Prime Minister Theresa May will be taking her proposal for a Brexit deal to an EU summit in Brussels. Before his EU counterparts, “Mr Hunt will argue that the merits of achieving a deal are in our mutual interests, and will reiterate the importance of continued international security cooperation in the face of new and emerging threats on a global scale,” the Foreign Office said in a statement. Hunt hosted eight eastern European counterparts at the foreign secretary’s… Read full this story
- Nigel Farage FURIOUS after 'COWARD' Corbyn backs new Brexit vote - 'This is a DISASTER'
- Ministers 'up for the fight' to rule out no-deal Brexit, senior Tory tells May
- EU regulator recognises London clearing houses
- Brexit talks in deadlock as UK walks away empty-handed
- Hammond warns Brexiteers against defeating May's deal a second time
- May jets off to Strasbourg for last-ditch Brexit talks with Juncker
- Rees-Mogg says Mrs May has taken right step by securing EU concessions
- Brexit: what happens next?
- May resignation rumours: Brexiteer Tory rebels will now fall into line
- Brexit LIVE: Riot police ready for thousands protesting Brexit failure as May faces defeat
- MPs reject all FOUR alternatives for Brexit
- Tusk tells EU to give UK a 12-month Brexit delay
Brexit deal vital to European security: London have 329 words, post on news.abs-cbn.com at October 14, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.