NEW BBC drama Trust is telling the remarkable tale about the kidnapping of oil heir John Paul Getty III.
The show has an all-star cast of big names from both sides of the Atlantic…
Who’s in the Trust cast?
Trust is a 10-part series on BBC Two.
It features an all-star line-up that includes:
Donald Sutherland as J. Paul Getty Senior
Donald is a Canadian actor born July 17, 1935, which makes him 83.
He shot to fame in 1967 in the movie The Dirty Dozen.
He has since enjoyed a long career which has seen him star in big Hollywood blockbusters, such as the Hunger Games movies and also high-profile TV shows including Dirty Sexy Money and Ice.
Donald’s son is fellow Hollywood actor, Kiefer Sutherland.
Hilary Swank as Gail Getty
Hilary, 44, was born July 30, 1974, and is an Academy Award-winning American actress.
She had a minor role in the 90s movie Buffy the Vampire Slayer, before making her breakout role in the fourth instalment of The Karate Kid franchise.
Her biggest films are Baby Don’t Cry (1999) and Million Dollar Baby (2006) – both roles won her the Best Actress Oscar.
Brendan Fraser as James Fletcher Chace
Brendan, 49, was born December 3, 1968, and was at the top of his game in the mid-90s and early noughties.
He is best known for playing Rick O’Connell in The Mummy trilogy (1999, 2001, 2008), and for his comedy and fantasy films, such as Encino Man (1992), George of the Jungle (1997), Bedazzled (2000), Looney Tunes: Back in Action (2003) and Journey to the Center of the Earth (2008).
He also starred in numerous dramatic roles, such as Gods and Monsters (1998), The Quiet American (2002) and Crash (2004).
Michael Esper as J. Paul Getty Jr
Michael, 41, is an American actor who was born December 1, 1976.
He is best known for his stage work.
Michael has appeared many times on Broadway including Sting’s The Last Ship, A Man for All Seasons, Green Day’s American Idiot and The Lyons.
He’s also starred in US TV shows Nurse Jackie and The Family.
Harris Dickinson as J. Paul Getty III
Harris Dickinson, 22, was born June 24, 1996, and is already an actor, writer and director.
He is known for playing Frankie in the 2017 film Beach Rats
He will also appear in the upcoming film Maleficent II (2020).
Anna Chancellor as Penelope Kitson
Anna was born April 27, 1965, and is a 53-year-old English actress.
She is best known for starring in Four Weddings and a Funeral (1994).
Anna also played Caroline Bingley in the 1995 BBC adaptation of Pride and Prejudice.
In 2005 she starred in The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy and that same year, she joined the cast of BBC One drama Spooks as Juliet Shaw.
Charlotte Riley as Robina Lund
Charlotte, 36, was born December 29, 1981.
The same year she joined the cast of BBC gangster drama Peaky Blinders, playing wealthy widow May Carleton.
In 2016, she starred in BBC2 drama Close to the Enemy, set in post-WWII London.
Charlotte is married to actor Tom Hardy, whom she met on the set of Wuthering Heights in 2009, when he played Heathcliffe to her Catherine.
SUN SEA AND SINGLES
Season nine of Ex On The Beach is now on MTV – here’s the lowdown
DIY SOS: The Big Build is back – find out where the team are headed this time
We reveal all about the Channel 4 show Hang Ups starring David Tennant
ONE TO WATCH
The lowdown on who’s on The One Show tonight….
LAUGH OUT LAW
The Lowdown on BBC 2 comedy Defending The Guilty….
McCloud is back
Grand Design is returning to Channel 4 for its 18th season
The FULL lowdown on the Big Brother 2018 TV schedule…
Don’t Tell The Bride is back for a new series on E4 — here’s how the show works
THE GETTY STORY
All the details on new BBC Two series Trust starring Donald Sutherland
TO WATCH OR NOT TO WATCH
Here’s the lowdown on BBC Two’s Upstart Crow!
OPERATION COOK IT
The lowdown on The Great British Menu 2018 celebrating the NHS at 70
PROTECT AND SERVE
Find out when Bodyguard’s final episode is on BBC1 & will Julia return?
When did Trust start on BBC Two?
Trust, which is about the kidnapping of John Paul Getty III, is airing in ten parts.
It began on September 12, 2018, at 9pm on BBC Two and continues on Wednesday evenings at the same time each week.
Trust will also be available as a boxset on BBC iPlayer with all ten episodes from Wednesday 12 September onwards.
The show has already proved to be a big hit in the US.
- When does Press start on BBC One, who’s in the cast with Charlotte Riley and Ben Chaplin and what’s the drama about?
- Who is Charlotte Riley? King Charles III actress who plays Kate Middleton, Tom Hardy’s wife and Peaky Blinders star
- Charlotte Riley writhes naked in WW2 mini-series as she prepares to play Kate Middleton in new BBC drama
- Who is Tom Hardy, who’s his wife Charlotte Riley and is he in Peaky Blinders season 4?
- This is the hilarious moment Countdown brainbox Rachel Riley is forced to spell out the word BUMHOLE
- Twitter users react to the backlash over the first female Dr Who with a series of hilarious memes
- Who is John Brennan? CIA director who clashed with Donald Trump
- Who is on The One Show tonight? Brendan Gleeson and Fleetwood Mac’s Christine McVie join Matt Baker and Alex Jones
- Cheeky labourer mocks colleague who called in sick with hilarious parody of 70s children’s show Rainbow
- Internet goes wild as fans left divided over who the actor in this hilarious photograph really is… but can you tell?
- Who is in Donald Trump’s cabinet? Names on the list and roles – here’s what we know
- The family members and staffers at Trump HQ who were with Donald Trump as he won the race to the White House