President Trump is meeting with Chile’s President Sebastian Pinera Friday afternoon at the White House.
The two, the White House says, are expected to discuss a commitment to pro-growth policies, combatting drug cartels, and partnering in energy and cybersecurity. They also plan to discuss Venezuela, after Mr. Trump announced new sanctions during his speech to the United Nations General Assembly targeting Venezuela’s first lady and President Nicolas Maduro’s inner circle.
It’s Pinera’s first visit to the White House since assuming office in March.
The meeting with the Chilean president comes as the Senate Judiciary Committee is voting on moving Kavanaugh’s nomination to the Senate floor. Mr. Trump praised Kavanaugh’s testimony in Thursday’s hearing on Twitter, without mentioning Christine Blasey Ford, the woman accusing him of assaulting her when they were both in high school. A floor vote on Kavanaugh is expected early next week.
- Live Updates Ahead of Tonight’s Democratic Debate
- Rudy Giuliani, President Donald Trump's personal lawyer, defies subpoena in impeachment inquiry
- Trump Faces Giuliani Dilemma as House, Justice Probes Converge
- UPDATE 1-Trump seen threatening retaliation against Italy digital tax -official
- Trump family throws stones at Biden from a glass house
- Opinion: Trump family throws stones at Biden from a glass house
- Nancy Pelosi planning announcement Tuesday on whether the House will vote on impeachment inquiry
- Pelosi planning announcement on whether House will vote on impeachment inquiry
- Trump seen threatening retaliation against Italy digital tax -official
- Trump seen threatening retaliation against Italy digital tax: official
- Nolte: Crybaby Hunter Biden Only Regrets Rudy and Trump Exposing Him
- House approves bill supporting pro-democracy activists in Hong Kong
- A Job Description For Presidents
- 'Dumpster fire at Biden HQ!' Donald Trump Jr. slaps at Hunter Biden who dubbed him 'Prince Humperdinck' in nod to movie buffoon as president's son says former VP's family 'got rich by leeching off American taxpayers'
- These Republicans Could Have Voted To Impeach Donald Trump. But They Lost Their Jobs Last Year.
- Did Obama's Arrogance Trump His Intelligence?
- House approves bill in support of Hong Kong protesters
- Immigration Update in View of Upcoming of Presidential Elections
- Ohio is used to picking the president. Will they this time?
- Clearing Out Our Deceased Daughter's House - The Last Goodbye
Trump meets with Chile's President Sebastian Pinera at White House — live updates have 363 words, post on www.cbsnews.com at September 28, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono.News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.