WASHINGTON: Democrats on Friday accused Republicans of “cherry-picking” and leaking portions of text messages and emails between a U.S. law enforcement official and a former British spy who investigated then-businessman Donald Trump’s ties to the Russian government.Two lawmakers made the charge in a letter to the Republican chairmen of the U.S. House of Representatives judiciary and government oversight panels, which on Tuesday questioned Associate Deputy Attorney General Bruce Ohr about his ties with former MI6 officer Christopher Steele.The letter was the latest salvo in a fight between the political parties as Republicans have criticised the propriety of the FBI’s probe of ties between Moscow and Trump aides and whether they coordinated during the 2016 U.S. election campaign.The Democratic lawmakers said Republicans appeared to have violated House rules because they failed to share the communications between Ohr and Steele in 2016 and 2017 with the minority party. The materials were not among 800,000 pages of documents provided by the Justice Department to their panels, they said.Steele assembled a dossier on Trump for research firm Fusion GPS, which was hired by Democratic Party lawyers and presidential candidate Hillary Clinton’s campaign. Trump supporters accuse Ohr of cooperating with Steele on the dossier that… Read full this story
- ‘It’s a Madhouse, Trump Was Right’ About FBI Scramble to Cobble Together Russia Probe, Texts Claim
- Declassified Trump-Russia probe docs to date: What to know
- GOP presses ahead after election with Russia probe review
- Comey defends FBI Russia probe from GOP criticism
- House Intel Democrats Just Restarted and Supercharged the Trump-Russia Probe
- Judiciary Committee postpones hearing with McCabe on Russia probe
- FBI Witnesses Said Comey’s Trump Briefing Was Meant To Collect Info For Russia Probe, Report Says
- Trump 'Seriously' Mulls Disclosure of Secret Docs That May Derail "Russia Probe"
- Mueller Investigated Roger Stone, Julian Assange and Wikileaks over Russian hacks of the Democrats in 2016 but did not prosecute, previously secret sections of the special counsel's report reveal
- House Intel Democrats’ New Mission: Protect Mueller, Use Subpoena Power
- How Democratic failure to take the Senate could leave Biden a lame duck president and scuppers any chance of packing Supreme Court to undermine appointment of Amy Comey Barrett
- House Republicans Declare War on FBI, Vote to Spill Its Secrets and Investigate It
Republicans 'cherry-picked' Russia probe documents to quiz US official: Democrats have 372 words, post on www.channelnewsasia.com at September 1, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.