Ma cofounded Alibaba in 1999 and, in the process of building up the company, became one of China’s richest men, worth an estimated $40 billion. Under Ma’s tenure, Alibaba became the country’s largest e-commerce marketplace and has expanded into other areas like mobile payments and cloud computing. Ma, who is 54, will dedicate most of his time and wealth after his retirement to philanthropy and education through the Jack Ma Foundation, reports the South China Morning Post. Current Alibaba CEO Daniel Zhang will step into Ma’s role in a year when he retires. “Starting the process of passing the Alibaba torch to Daniel and his team is the right decision at the right time, because I know from working with them that they are ready, and I have complete confidence in our next generation of leaders,” Ma wrote in a letter to shareholders. Ma will give up his role as chairman on September 10, 2019, and then complete his current term on Alibaba’s board of directors until the company’s annual general meeting in 2020. Though Ma is retiring from those roles, he’ll still stay a lifetime member of the Alibaba Partnership, a group of 36 Alibaba partners who are senor… Read full this story
- Alibaba founder Jack Ma says working overtime is a 'huge blessing'
- Chinese tech billionaire Jack Ma says it's a 'blessing' for his staff to work gruelling 12-hour shifts, 6 days a week
- Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey Admits 'Huge Fail' On Tech Responsibility
- Twitter paid CEO Jack Dorsey just $1.40 as his salary in 2018 — and that was a pay rise (TWTR)
- KYNC's New CEO Working on Retiring Debts and Shares
- Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey Was Paid $1.40 Last Year—That’s All There Was
- Ice baths and fasting: How healthy are Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey’s wellness habits?
- Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey's bizarre health regimen sees him eat just once a day and take three ice baths before work
- Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey visits Detroit, chats with Dan Gilbert
- Penn State Health names new CEO to replace retiring leader
- Daxon: Police Chief Jack Conklin retiring after 30 years with Brea department
- SRC president and CEO Tremont to retire in 2020; company COO to replace
Alibaba CEO Jack Ma will retire in a year have 365 words, post on www.fastcompany.com at September 9, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.