THE Taliban has asked the US to help it destroy ISIS in Afghanistan as it prepares for a massive assault to drive the terror group out of the country. Militants have requested that America stops airstrikes on the eastern province of Nangarhar, an ISIS stronghold, to avoid hitting its troops during the battle. ISIS fighters surrender to government forces in Afghanistan as Taliban ask US forces for help to finish them off The move comes amid fledgling peace talks between the Taliban and the US after the two sides agreed to a ceasefire over the Eid festival last year, the Times reports. A bloody assault on ISIS territories in three districts is expected to be launched this week and could last for several weeks. The Taliban’s fearsome Red Unit, a Special Forces-style commando team, will spearhead the battle in the mountainous terrain. One fighter told the Times: “The Red Unit commando fighters will participate in the Nangarhar operation. They are already fighting against IS in other eastern provinces.” A meeting between a senior US diplomat and Taliban representatives to discuss a possible ceasefire in Doha last month ended with “very positive signals”, sources claimed. One Taliban official said the meeting… Read full this story
- Isis Afghanistan affiliate's leaders killed in US airstrikes, Afghan officials say
- Hezbollah Declares 'Second Liberation Day' After Lebanon Defeats ISIS With Help From Syria
- U.S. Soldier Killed in Afghanistan Was Highest Enlisted Soldier Supporting Trump Administration's New Adviser Brigade
- Taliban declare end to leadership rift
- The truth died in Afghanistan
- Bombshell Afghanistan report bolsters calls for end to 'forever wars'
- Obama announces plan to keep 9,800 US troops in Afghanistan after 2014
- Is Russia Arming the Afghan Taliban? 'Idle Gossip' from U.S., Embassy Claims
- After 18 years and $2 trillion, what did the US get in Afghanistan?
- World reacts to Trump’s speech on new Afghanistan strategy
- Syria's Assad Says Worst of the War Is Over, as ISIS Nears Defeat
- Russia Claims U.S. Supporting 'Terrorism' Instead of Fighting ISIS in Syria
Taliban begs America for support in defeating ISIS in Afghanistan after the group was crushed by the West have 326 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at August 8, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.