President Trần Đại Quang. — VNA/VNS Photo Nhan Sáng HÀ NỘI — The upcoming State-level visits to Ethiopia and Egypt from August 23 to 29 by President Trần Đại Quang and his spouse are expected to enhance the traditional friendship between Việt Nam and the two African countries. The trips are made at the invitation of Ethiopian President Mulatu Teshome and Egyptian President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi. Việt Nam and Ethiopia established diplomatic ties on March 23, 1976. The long-standing bilateral relation has been growing at a steady rate. Ethiopia supported Việt Nam's candidacy for the UNESCO Executive Council (2015-19) and United Nations' Economic and Social Council (2016-18). In April 2014, Ethiopia recognised Việt Nam's market economy status. Recently, Ethiopia affirmed its support for Việt Nam's bid to run for a non-permanent seat at the UN Security Council for the 2020-21 tenure. The two sides have inked a framework agreement on co-operation in culture and another on collaboration in economy and science-technology, as well as a co-operation deal between the Vietnamese and Ethiopian Chambers of Commerce and Industry. Bilateral trade hit US$11.3 million in 2017. Việt Nam exported $2.2 million worth of goods, mainly garment-textiles, footwear and chemical products. Telecom group Viettel… Read full this story
- Was Joe Biden arrested in South Africa?
- South Africa closes embassies in Nigeria, fearing reprisal attacks
- Hypocrisy without borders: the pomposity of Ivanka Trump’s trip to Africa
- Africa and France: An unfulfilled dream of independence?
- AfCFTA will boost economies of member-nations — Legal experts
- South Africa's COVID-19 cases surpass half a million
- Factbox: What Africa, approaching a million cases, is doing to fight coronavirus
- Beirut explosion: international rescue workers fly in to boost search for survivors
- Top US health official meets with Taiwan President Tsai Ing-wen in highest-level summit for decades
- Hollywood Foreign Press Association President Lorenzo Soria dies at 68 after battle with lung cancer
- Zimbabwe Court Confirms Mnangagwa Duly Elected President - Reports
- Sudan boosts security in port city after 32 die in tribal clashes
President to boost friendships on Africa trip have 330 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at August 23, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.