|New Zealand's Minister of State for Trade and Export Growth Damien O'Connor prepares a kiwi cheesecake at the Fonterra innovation and test kitchen in HCM City. — VNS Photo Thu Hằng|
HCM CITY — HCM City's Party Committee Secretary Nguyễn Thiện Nhân on Tuesday met with Damien O'Connor, New Zealand's Minister of State for Trade and Export Growth, to discuss the development of bilateral relations in trade, investment, education and high-tech agriculture.
HCM City is shifting to urban farming with a priority in high-tech agriculture, according to Nhân.
He said that HCM City and New Zealand had opportunities to improve co-operation and share experiences as well as technology transfer to develop clean agriculture, and improve productivity and the value of products.
Nhân said that he hoped New Zealand would create favorable conditions for Vietnamese products to access the New Zealand market.
O'Connor said that Việt Nam, particularly HCM City, has huge potential to develop high-tech agriculture, and that significant opportunities exist to expand growth, particularly in agricultural co-operation, education and tourism.
He said the city would facilitate investment and co-operation between New Zealand and HCM City.
After the meeting, O'Connor visited the Fonterra innovation and test kitchen where he and Anchor Food Professional chefs made kiwi cheesecakes. He praised the flavour combination and the versatility of the two countries' farm produce.
The New Zealand-based Anchor Food Professionals brand partners with professional chefs, providing butter, cheese, cream and liquid milk as well as advisory services to more than 1,700 food and beverage establishments, including bakeries, cafes, hotels, quick-service restaurants. — VNS
- Friendship union works to strengthen HCM City’s ties with Slovakia
- HCM City – an ideal destination for Japanese investors
- Why New Zealand Is Furious About Australia’s Deportations Policy
- Weather analysis the 'super gain' for New Zealand in America's Cup
- Amazon’s Lord of the Rings Prequel Series to Film in New Zealand — Naturally
- ‘Magnet for high tech:’ How research drives Wright-Patt’s $15.5B impact
- HCM City’s Trade Cooperation with Provinces, Cities: Creating Impetus for Investment Expansion, Supply Increase
- Vietnam – Cuba Culture Day opens in HCM City
- HCM City, Japan’s Shiga prefecture boost links
- Industrial Parks in Binh Tan District in HCM City: Always For Investors’ Sake
- HCM City leader receives new US Consul General
- HCM City’s agricultural high-tech park to grow by 400ha
- Remittances to HCM City reach $3.12 billion
- Q1 loans reach $45 billion in HCM City
- Africa, China Seek Ways to Publicise Cooperation Outcomes
- HCM City loans grow 4.14%
- HCM City’s GDP higher than Hanoi
- HCM City needs more hotel rooms
- French foreign trade minister wraps visit to Vietnam to foster tourism, high-tech cooperation
- Home/ China-EuropeLi calls on Merkel to boost high-tech exports to China
HCM City seeks high-tech agriculture cooperation with New Zealand have 462 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at August 28, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono.News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.