Susan Bloom Special to Asbury Park Press Published 9:00 p.m. UTC Aug 8, 2018 ASBURY PARK – Growing up in Island Heights, Jesse Pomeroy enjoyed surfing, sailing and photography, graduated with a degree in arts from Georgian Court University in Lakewood, and has been teaching art at Toms River Intermediate East for the past seven years. But a memorable experience he had on a recent vacation piqued his entrepreneurial streak. “Three years ago, my wife and I visited a friend in Asheville, North Carolina, and she surprised us with a ride on a pedalcycle with five or six other friends,” said the 31-year-old Toms River resident. “We had the absolute best time and I said to my wife, ‘Why is this not in New Jersey?’ I loved the concept and knew it would kill in our area.” Though it would take him a couple of years to “figure it out” after returning home, “I believed in it and the thought of owning my own business, particularly one that was this much fun, gave me the drive,” he said. After researching New Jersey’s open container laws and insurance/permit requirements and investing his own money into the venture, Pomeroy secured a contractor in Georgia to construct… Read full this story
- Brit hero trained in Afghanistan war zone so ‘knew he could help victims of the Manchester Arena bomb’
- Brit hero trained in Afghanistan war zone so he knew he could help victims of the Manchester Arena bomb
- Picture perfect at Sheffield Steelers: The best ice hockey photographer in the business?
- The 11 surprising things you never knew about the Queen… from her favourite nail polish to the country she has never visited
- Hearts owner Ann Budge hits back at Partick Thistle as she defends late call over Tynecastle clash
- Well-known Musselburgh card shop owner retires
- After decades playing gangsters and backing Bruce Springsteen, Little Steven Van Zandt is leader of his own band
- Hottie of the week: Shahbaz Shigri
- Woman ripped from frantic pal’s arms by raging sea and dragged away in front of him as they went swimming day before her birthday
- How Britain's biggest love rat was finally brought to justice by the women he shamelessly cheated and conned
- Banks Are Worried About Margin Loans
- Where are Celebrity Big Brother winners now? Here are the famous faces who have taken the title from 2001 - 2017
Asbury Pedalcycle owner knew his business was perfect for the Jersey Shore have 384 words, post on eu.app.com at August 8, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.