The worst thing that could possibly happen is underway in America: Donald Trump is keeping his promises. From the recently upheld Muslim travel ban and policing the border with a fascistic zeal to blowing up international diplomacy and pruning America’s already thin social safety net, the oldest and least-experienced man to ever be elected president is enacting the craven far-right agenda on which he campaigned. One of Trump’s most popular and potentially productive campaign promises was his pledge to renegotiate trade deals, and he’s delivering on this promise, too — though not in any actually useful or productive way. America has given much away in international trade over the last two decades, and figures on the left agree that some renegotiation has been overdue, but Trump doesn’t so much negotiate as drop bombs. The former real estate tycoon has ignited growing trade wars with allies and rivals alike, and it was reported this week that his administration has drafted legislation that would more or less rip apart the World Trade Organisation. Under the terms of the legislation, Trump would be given free reign to pull out of trade agreements and throw up massive tariffs on international products, upending supply chains around… Read full this story
- Has Donald Trump finally met his Democratic social media match in Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez?
- Opinion: Time for Donald Trump to deliver on North Korea
- 'At least we know who the boss is!' Donald Trump jokes at closed-door fundraiser that he could easily become prime minister of Israel after Benjamin Netanyahu fails twice to form coalition government
- What's scarier than Donald Trump retweeting Britain First? The fact that we are no longer shocked
- Donald Trump attacks US diplomat Marie Yovanovitch as she testifies in impeachment probe
- Roger Stone is the Donald Trump associate we're not talking enough about
- Donald Trump says if FBI spied on his presidential campaign it's 'bigger than Watergate'
- Donald Trump Jr. Thinks His Rust Belt Boarding School Made Him the Salt of the Earth
- US neo-Nazi groups on the rise under President Donald Trump: report
- Robert Mueller finishes and submits report on Donald Trump-Russia investigation
- E. Jean Carroll Says She Will Not Seek A Rape Charge Against Donald Trump
- Boris Johnson and Donald Trump agree to strike UK-US trade deal by July 2020
'Donald Trump is finally delivering on his WTO threats. Here's why that's bad for Brexit' have 385 words, post on www.independent.co.uk at July 2, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.