WASHINGTON – Roger Stone, a political operative who worked on Republican campaigns from Richard Nixon to Donald Trump, has links to several targets of special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation of Russian interference in the 2016 presidential campaign. Stone was arrested Friday after a federal grand jury indicted him charges of lying about special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation of Russian meddling in the 2016 election. He faces a court appearance later in the day in Fort Lauderdale. Stone’s former business partner from years before they each worked on Trump campaign, Paul Manafort, has been convicted on a variety of bank, tax and witness-tampering charges. Stone previously acknowledged he is likely the unnamed person in the indictment of Russian military intelligence officers charged with hacking Democratic computers. One Stone aide during the campaign, Andrew Miller, is fighting in federal appeals court to avoid a subpoena to testify before Mueller’s grand jury. Another Stone associate, Jerome Corsi, has said he expects to be indicted for perjury. But Stone insisted throughout that he did nothing illegal. In a tweet Oct. 23, Stone said in pungent language for CNN and The Washington Post that he didn’t communicate with WikiLeaks during the 2016 campaign and didn’t receive emails allegedly… Read full this story
- Donald Trump brands Fear: Trump in the White House book a 'con on the public'
- Could Donald Trump be impeached?
- Donald Trump hits back at Bob Woodward’s explosive book ‘Fear’ that claims White House staff think he’s an ‘idiot’
- Donald Trump's chief-of-staff John Kelly refers to him as 'idiot', book by Bob Woodward claims
- Donald Trump: People will be 'very poor' if I'm impeached
- Donald Trump has a baffling approach to foreign affairs – here’s how the rest of the world must adapt
- Donald Trump: Hush money 'came from me'
- Donald Trump’s impeachment countdown ‘has already started’ amid fears president’s ex-lawyer Michael Cohen will ‘flip’
- Donald Trump rejected ‘global governance’ in UN speech as he stressed 'US sovereignty’
- Opinion: Donald Trump’s farcical deal with Mexico is a lesson for Brexit
- Aretha Franklin funeral guests use platform to attack Donald Trump over his claim ‘she worked for me’
- Stormy Daniels vows to expose Donald Trump ‘sex deal’ as she reveals death threats
Who is Roger Stone? GOP operative worked on campaigns from Richard Nixon to Donald Trump have 380 words, post on www.desertsun.com at June 18, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.