By The Associated Press | PUBLISHED: June 11, 2018 at 8:54 pm | UPDATED: June 11, 2018 at 8:56 pm By AMY TAXIN | The Associated Press LOS ANGELES (AP) — The U.S. government agency that oversees immigration applications is launching an office that will focus on identifying Americans who are suspected of cheating to get their citizenship and seek to strip them of it. U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Director L. Francis Cissna told The Associated Press in an interview that his agency is hiring several dozen lawyers and immigration officers to review cases of immigrants who were ordered deported and are suspected of using fake identities to later get green cards and citizenship through naturalization. Cissna said the cases would be referred to the Department of Justice, whose attorneys could then seek to remove the immigrants’ citizenship in civil court proceedings. In some cases, government attorneys could bring criminal charges related to fraud. “We finally have a process in place to get to the bottom of all these bad cases and start denaturalizing people who should not have been naturalized in the first place,” Cissna said. “What we’re looking at, when you boil it all down, is potentially… Read full this story
- ‘Joker’ Jumps Higher With $152M Overseas & $248M Global Bows, Smashes October Records – International Box Office
- ‘Justice League’ Lassos $185M Overseas, $279M WW; ‘Thor’ Rocks To $739M Global – International Box Office
- ‘Venom’ Devours $111M In China Debut, Bonds With $674M Global – International Box Office
- ‘Terminator: Dark Fate’ Doesn’t Find Salvation Overseas; ‘Joker’ Jumps To $934M WW As It Seriously Eyes $1B – International Box Office
- Can Baywatch Beat Pirates 5 at the Memorial Day Box Office?
- Will Underworld 5 Take Down Rogue One at the Box Office?
- ‘Ford V Ferrari’ Revs Up $52M+ Worldwide Bow; No China Halo For ‘Charlie’s Angels’ – International Box Office
- KMSS to Launch Agitations Against CAB in Assam, Says Akhil Gogoi
- Citizenship bill: Protests rock Tripura after bill remains pending in Rajya Sabha
- Volatile Kashmir marred by protests over citizenship rights law
- Jihadi Jack's parents call Sajid Javid 'coward' for stripping son of citizenship
- Bengal: BJP to focus on citizenship Bill to counter TMC’s anti-NRC stance
US launches office to find citizenship cheaters have 350 words, post on www.eastbaytimes.com at June 11, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.