SAN JOSE – Apple announced new software for its devices during its annual worldwide developer conference (WWDC), which kicks off on Monday (June 4) at the San Jose McEnery Convention Centre. At the start of the WWDC 2018 keynote address, Apple’s chief executive Tim Cook said: “Today will be all about software”. True to his words, no new hardware was announced. As expected, iOS 12 is announced for iPhones and iPads, macOS 10.14 for Mac computers, watchOS 5 for Apple Watches and tvOS 12 for Apple TVs. IOS 12 During the presentation, Apple’s software head Craig Federighi said that Apple “will be doubling down on performance” for the upcoming iOS 12. Mr Federighi said the apps on three-year-old iPhone 6S Plus will launch up to 40 per cent faster and have up to 50 percent faster keyboard display, and a 70 per cent faster camera performance compared to iOS 11. In addition, iOS 12 introduces updated augment reality (AR) kit for developers, known as ARKit 2. One exciting app available in iOS 12 is the new AR app, Measure. It allows you to measure objects by using your camera with AR. Another exciting addition to iOS 12 is the introduction… Read full this story
- Hyundai confirms early talks with Apple to develop an electric car
- Apple, Microsoft and Sony are showing big tech how to hold conferences in a COVID-19 world
- Apple's big breakthrough that almost no one knows about
- GitHub reveals how it handles US trade restrictions, after blocking UK developer
- Apple Silicon A14X chip coming to iPad Pro and 12-inch MacBook
- Apple Car speculation is back. Here's what we know so far
- WhatsApp ‘IS tracking you online’ – Apple reveals how app snoops on what you do
- Apple will announce move to ARM-based Macs later this month, says report
- Apple’s Mountain Lion preview: iCloud, apps, and new Power Nap for $20
- Apple will take almost 5 years to be ready with its self-driving electric car
- Would It Benefit Consumers to Break Up Amazon, Apple, Facebook and Google?
- Apple iOS 12 public beta: How to install
Spotlight on software at Apple's annual developer conference have 321 words, post on www.straitstimes.com at June 5, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.