South Amboy and Perth Amboy will present a spectacular fireworks display over Raritan Bay. Photo by James Irwin
South Amboy Mayor Fred Henry and Perth Amboy Mayor Wilda Diaz recognize the generous corporate sponsors and small businesses that are supporting the July 3rd Celebration.
Families will get a incredible view of the fireworks spectacular from Perth Amboy’s scenic waterfront. Photo by James Irwin
The two waterfront cities are presenting fun-filled, patriotic and exciting activities that include great family events, grand boat parade and super fireworks!
— Perth Amboy Mayor Wilda Diaz
PERTH AMBOY, NEW JERSEY, US, June 27, 2018 /
/ — The final countdown has begun for the marvelous, fun-filled, patriotic and exciting July 3rd Celebration of America’s birthday! The grand events will be hosted by
and the Celebrate Our Stars & Stars organization.
Games, food trucks, music and family fun are the opening act of the Independence Day celebration that includes the First Annual Celebrate Stars & Stripes Boat Parade at 8 PM. More than 35 vessels are expected to cruise in the parade and each craft will be decorated with brilliant lights, banners, and flags. The parade will move along the Perth Amboy waterfront, head across Raritan Bay to South Amboy and end a safe distance away from barges that are used to launch the fireworks.
The main event starts at 9:15 PM − the brilliant, bombastic and breath-taking firework extravaganza over the bay will be staged by the world-renowned Garden State Fireworks.
Each city is offering family-friendly activities, games, and adventures for all ages. Beginning at 4 PM, South Amboy’s Recreation Department will entertain guests with:
• Games for children and interactive inflatables in the beautiful Raritan Bay Waterfront Park
• 10 food trucks are going to provide hot dogs and burgers, smoothies, snacks, refreshments, ice cream, Thai food, Zeppole, Italian food and much more.
Everyone can bring their beach chairs, blankets and picnic baskets, and then find a prime viewing spot near the shoreline. A professional deejay has a custom-selected playlist of music including Americana songs, marches as well as pop, rap, and salsa selections. The City asks that all pets are left at home. Alcoholic beverages are prohibited.
For the event, South Amboy is providing parking near the high school and train station. The train station is only a short distance from Waterfront Park and using New Jersey Transit is the most convenient way to avoid traffic before and after the July 3rd event. Adults with handicapped parking permits may bring their vehicles to Waterfront Park.
South Amboy Mayor Fred Henry said, “Our Recreation Director Jaclyn Keegan-Kelly and her enthusiastic team are arranging a wonderful event for our residents and their guests. We also want to thank each of our generous sponsors and Celebrate Co-Chairman Michael “Mickey” Gross, our City Council President, who is working overtime to make the celebration a sensational happening!”
Perth Amboy’s Recreation Department is creating a fun celebration in Sadowski Park and along the shore starting at 5PM. The events for everyone include:
• Beach volleyball, sand soccer, horseshoes, Slip ‘N Slide water mats, tug of war, Kan-Jam
disc games, beach ball relay and much more
• Dance contest on the beach will be choreographed by the DJ, who is bringing all the best music.
Just arrive early to enjoy all the fun with families, friends and neighbors. Perth Amboy is also arranging to have food trucks onsite to provide fast casual cuisine, refreshments, tacos, burgers and hot dogs, ice cream and desserts as well as July 4th novelty items.
Perth Amboy is also making free parking available at its New Jersey Transit train station and the City’s Jefferson Street parking deck. Local roads to Sadowski Park will be closed. Sadowski Parkway and High Street become pedestrian walkways at 5 PM. The City is providing free shuttle bus service from the parking deck and train station.
“We are absolutely ecstatic about the great family event Superintendent of Recreation Kenny Ortiz and his teammates are planning on July 3rd,” said Perth Amboy Mayor Wilda Diaz. “Independence Day is the time when we pause as a community to reflect on our shared liberties, freedoms, and diverse heritages. We are fortunate that America is an exceptional country.”
Mayor Diaz continued, “Our City is also recognizes all the efforts by
Chairman Barry Rosengarten and the outstanding contributions by Yolanda Flores. They have coordinated the many details that go into staging our Independence Day celebration. We are grateful for donations made by our corporate sponsors. We also thank Business Improvement District Executive Manager Junel Hutchinson, Coordinator Randy Convery and Boat Parade Co-Captains Gary Rumpf and Jeff Steuber with assistance from Coordinating Navigator Bill Schultz. They have spent many hours preparing for this incredible event. Please come and join us.”
For more details about the July 3rd events, visit the Celebrate Our Stars & Stripes website:
. Boat owners can still register online for the patriotic boat parade at:
Officers from both cities’ police and fire departments, along with emergency medical technicians, will be near the viewing sights to assist anyone who needs directions, information about parking or other help.
The rain date for the Independence Day celebrations in South Amboy and Perth Amboy is Thursday, July 5.
Bob Rinklin email us here
- Pinecrest July 4 Fireworks, Music And More: 2019 Guide
- Ex-US President Barack Obama to lead celebrations 100 years after Nelson Mandela's birth
- How a deeply divided U.S. is celebrating this year’s Fourth of July
- Kensington Area 4th Of July Fireworks, Parades: 2019 Guide
- Takoma Park Area 4th Of July Fireworks, Parades: 2019 Guide
- Hot Chicken, Murder Suspect Sought, 100th Birthday: News Nearby
- This Is America: First rap song to win Record Of The Year at Grammys
- Beyonce leads South Africa anti-poverty festival for Mandela
- Thailand and |Uncle Sam: the special relationship
- Thailand's Magnificent 10 of 2018
- Kundirana alumni reunite for a fund-raising concert
- 2018: The good, the bad and the ugly in the year that was in Toronto sports
- There’s something for everyone at the Savannah Music Festival
- Special report: The hunt for Asia's El Chapo
- The A-list Med Takeover: Saint Tropez, Capri and Ibiza lead the luxury locations attracting the world's biggest stars this summer... with Jenners, Elton John and Kate Moss dominating the holiday hot spots
- Long live the Caped Crusader
- The plot to subvert an election: Unravelling the Russia story so far
- Why this MLS season kickoff is like no other
- The Big Book Of Black Quarterbacks
- From mermaids to treasure hunters, inside 6 incredible jobs most people would never think of pursuing
Perth Amboy and South Amboy Are Hosting Fantastic July 3rd Celebrations to Mark America's Birthday have 1098 words, post on world.einnews.com at June 26, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono.News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.