McDonald’s and Mumsnet have shaken up the traditional Happy Meal this week.
A new option has been added after a six month consultation, which offers a healthier alternative to traditional staples like cheeseburgers and chicken nuggets.
A new, full customisable grilled chicken wrap has been added
The fast food chain has allowed the salad options in the wrap to be customisable and parents can add cucumber, onion and pickle for free with tomato also available for 20p.
More than 1,000 Mumsnet users were surveyed and 78% agreed that they wanted to see grilled chicken on the Happy Meal menu, reports the Liverpool Echo .
The new addition to the menu is the latest step McDonald’s has taken to improve the choice available across its menu.
Families can also choose organic milk or water with their Happy Meals and swap out Fries for Carrot Sticks or Fruit Bag.
McDonald’s has improved the nutritional content of the typical Happy Meal too, so that it now contains 21% less salt, 20% less sugar and 10% less saturated fat content compared with 2006.
The business rolled out ‘Meals Under’ menu bundles, bringing together a range of meal options under 400 or 600 calories, as well.
Carrie Longton, co-founder of Mumsnet, said, “The majority of Mumsnet users that we surveyed said they wanted grilled chicken and the opportunity give their children a range of choices in what they eat, and that’s exactly what McDonald’s has delivered.
“We’re thrilled to see a new product on the McDonald’s Happy Meal menu that Mumsnet users have played a fundamental role in developing.”
- You never forget your favorite Happy Meal toy
- Johny Hendricks on the ‘huge’ changes he hopes will bring him UFC gold once more
- NFL Week 4: Off-the-cuff picks
- 49ers CEO wants to wait for ‘due process’ before punishing McDonald
- Minor change – right change
- No Cowboys happy on Thanksgiving after blowout loss
- FOX Sports’ DW, Petree react to NASCAR rule changes for Kentucky
- Ravens head coach John Harbaugh not happy with latest NFL rule change
- Big Picture, Week 1: How Aggies improved after losing Manziel
- 7 major changes announced by NASCAR as media tour opens
- Big 12 storylines: Week 15
- Chicharito’s injury forces Mexico to change plans ahead of Gold Cup
- Yes, the A’s should start Barry Zito next week
- NFL Quick Hits: Dez still unlikely for Week 7
- Dolphins have shot at top-5 pick if these dominoes fall in Week 17
- NHL legacy project builds a treehouse, and happiness, at Columbus Ronald McDonald House
- Ohio University will be happy it called Saul Phillips
- Lady Jackets open Princess Room at Ronald McDonald House Charities
- Is McDonald next center up for Browns?
- McDonald’s All-Americans still the gold standard in college hoops recruiting
McDonald's has made a huge change to Happy Meals this week have 435 words, post on www.burtonmail.co.uk at June 28, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono.News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.