Palomar Aaron Lee
This week, the
, the city’s newest Hilton Hotel and restaurant program, is now serving breakfast, lunch, dinner, and drinks in the Pearl. We
now has its own official beer thanks to the brewers at
this town’s five best salad rolls and
the cocktail bar
which seems to have dialed in its food menu. And this week we
our annual craft beer issue, so get thee to a newspaper box so you can enjoy it in all its newsprint splendor.
Portland Monthly reported that one of our city’s most accomplished chefs, Matt Lightner, has returned to the Rose City and has teamed up with New Seasons to offer a new Blue Apron-like meal kit for folks who don’t have time to cook but still want to eat things that are local and healthy.
Willamette Week reported that Portland’s much missed jazz club, Jimmy Mak’s, could reopen in the abandoned Oba space in the Pearl, and it published an essay by Mi Mero Mole owner Nick Zukin that tells the tale of how he once gladly paid the $5,000 it cost to reunite a Mexican immigrant worker with her 10-year-old daughter.
And because local and neighborhood newspapers still matter, y’all, the Hollywood Star News had the scoop that Jennifer Plitzko, who’s made sweets in Germany, Paris, and London before moving to Portland, is opening Heim Bakery and Cafe in the old Roseway Play Cafe out in the Roseway neighborhood.
Over at Eater, we learned that in August some old school Portlanders will try to recapture some of that Old Portland flavor when they open Blackheart, which’ll serve pancakes, eggs Sardou and pitchers of Bloody Marys till 2:30 in the morning; Ranch Pizza now has its own brick-and-mortar up in the Woodlawn neighborhood; and a wife-and-husband duo with Beast and Pok Pok street cred is aiming to open Sugarpine Drive-In, that’ll offer up waffle grilled cheese sandwiches and frosé slushies in the Columbia River Gorge.
- Woodbury’s Alamo Drafthouse Cinema seeks to re-write the rules for movie lovers
- Taco & Tequila Crawl And Decatur Beach Party: Atlanta This Week
- NFL Week 6 picks: Giants upset Eagles, Chiefs get in wild shootout with Patriots
- NFL Week 6 picks, time, TV: Chiefs, Mahomes lose in wild shootout with Brady, Patriots
- Shotgun formation? 49ers kicker Robbie Gould cheers on beer-chugging fan in Tahoe
- Cheers! Breweries Serving Craft Beer From Recycled Water In Scottsdale
- Hey, Bulldogs fans: Finish those drinks and be in your seats before kickoff
- Falcons cut more food prices for second season at Mercedez Benz Stadium
- Fishing report for week of Aug. 29-Sept. 4
- With games a week away, who's joining Kings summer roster? A look at recent signings
- Stunning catches, last-second drama: Vote for The Bee’s Prep Highlight of the Week
- Electric TD returns and some trickery: Vote for The Bee’s Prep Highlight of the Week
- How The Bee’s Top 20 fared, plus next week’s schedule and other football results
- Fishing report for week of Oct. 3-9
- How The Bee’s Top 20 fared this week
- Fishing report for week of Aug. 22-28
- Fishing report for week of Aug. 15-21
- Fishing report for week of Oct. 10-16
- Fishing report for week of Oct. 17-23
- Beers, boats and bets: Why Stephen Curry had to take a 'refreshing' dip in Lake Tahoe
Craft Beer, Movie Beer, and Slushy Frosés: Your Weekly Food and Drink Wrap have 559 words, post on www.portlandmercury.com at June 29, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono.News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.