A University of Alabama professor will soon direct an episode of the popular drama series “Queen Sugar.” Rachel Raimist, a professor of journalism and creative media at UA, will shoot the episode in New Orleans this month. Created by “Selma” and “A Wrinkle in Time” director Ava DuVernay, the series follows the life of three siblings, who move to Louisiana to claim an inheritance from their recently departed father, an 800-acre sugarcane farm in Louisiana. Oprah Winfrey serves as executive producer on the show, which airs on her OWN network. Directing the episode will place Raimist in the Directors Guild of America. The series has featured all women directors over its three seasons. “I have made independent films and documentaries, but for a long time I thought that breaking in to television might not be possible,” Raimist said, according to a UA release. “DuVernay has been intentional about giving opportunities to first-time television directors from legendary independent film directors like Julie Dash, Cheryl Dunye and Patricia Cardoso to new directors with recent festival wins and folks like me who don’t fit into either of these categories.” Raimist will direct episode 311, called “Your Passages Have Been Paid.” “Queen Sugar” won two… Read full this story
- EU-backed renewables centre at Queen's honours late marine professor
- REAL LIFE: ‘Oprah Winfrey inspired my own fundraising’
- The Apprentice stars have steamy fling in the new series — as we reveal the latest contestants to grace Lord Sugar’s boardroom
- Here’s how 2017 became the year of Towie’s ‘meme queen’ Gemma Collins
- Tom Baker returns to Doctor Who for first time in 36 years – as fans will FINALLY see legendary ‘lost’ episode
- EastEnders fans terrified Danny Dyer’s Mick Carter will DIE in dramatic week of ‘killer’ episodes
- Eastenders spoilers: Tina Carter is mugged at knifepoint by a terrifying killer CLOWN in Halloween themed episode on Monday
- Drama Queen: Chloe Pirrie on the journey from Stockbridge to Troy
- Prince George to appear in favourite show Fireman Sam for show's 30th anniversary
- Prince George to appear in Fireman Sam marking show's 30th anniversary
- Remembering 102 famous faces we've said goodbye to in 2017
- Who’s in the Celebrity Big Brother 2018 line-up, what time is it on Channel 5 and who was evicted last night?
Alabama professor to direct episode of Oprah-produced show 'Queen Sugar' have 365 words, post on www.al.com at June 20, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.