Jakarta (ANTARA News) – The Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN), under the chairmanship of Singapore this year, is giving a priority to cyber issues, especially cyber security. Cybersecurity was under the spotlight during the 32nd ASEAN Summit held in Singapore on April 28, 2018. Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong of Singapore emphasised the importance of cyber issues in his remarks, noting that deeper regional cooperation and coordination was needed to keep up with the rapid pace of digitalisation. New regional initiatives have been introduced – from the ASEAN Cyber Capacity Programme (ACCP) in 2016 to the new ASEAN Cybersecurity Cooperation Strategy adopted in 2017. A number of regional partners and international organisations such as Interpol and the United Nations have also been working with Southeast Asian states on cyber issues. Besides, several member-countries of ASEAN have set up new cyber agencies. In Indonesia, for instance, President Joko Widodo (Jokowi) inaugurated a national cyber agency called the National Cyber and Encryption Agency (BSSN) in June 2017. The number of internet users in Indonesia has reached some 132 million, making it is crucial for the country to develop reliable cybersecurity mechanisms. President Jokowi at the Singapore summit underscored the need for… Read full this story
- Global Cyber Security as a Service Market to reach USD 92.3 billion by 2025
- IT Governance introduces Cyber Security as a Service to meet rising demand for specialist cyber security skills
- Nozomi Networks Embeds Cyber Security into Leading Industrial Platform
- Three Top Boston Executives Join Advanced Cyber Security Center Board of Directors
- Healthcare Cyber Security Market to Accrue $12.46 Billion, by 2023
- Aviation & Defense Cyber Security Market 2019 Global Share, Trend And Opportunities Forecast To 2024
- Howe cadets take state honors in cyber security competition
- Red Piranha signs $7 Million Cyber Security capability partnership at Indonesia-Australia Free Trade Agreement ceremony
- Cyber-Security Vendor Disrupting the Market for SMB’s
- Partnership acknowledges global importance of Cyber Security by Design for Smart Cities & Critical Infrastructure
- Norwich to host free cyber security camp on Vermont campus
- Cyber security expert urges Pa. to find the money for new voting machinesYou may also be interested in...
ASEAN to forge closer cooperation on cyber security have 345 words, post on en.antaranews.com at May 31, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.