caption Apple CEO Tim Cook. source Brendan McDermid/Reuters Apple made a ton of money last quarter. Not that it was ever really in doubt. The iPhone giant reported second-quarter earnings on Tuesday, posting $61 billion in revenue, partly powered by sales of 52.2 million iPhones. The company also said that it was going to spend a record $100 billion buying back its own stock, and raised its dividends. But beyond the big money numbers, Apple executives always like to tuck a few new details into its earnings report and conference call. Some of the revealing nuggets may even hint at what Apple’s next big thing. Here’s what you may have missed in Apple’s earnings report: Apple’s “wearables” business — which encompasses headphones and the Apple Watch — makes more money than Ebay or Netflix. source Apple Although Apple doesn’t reveal Apple Watch sales, CEO Tim Cook has a penchant for describing the size of the business by comparing it to other, standalone corporations. As of Tuesday, “wearables revenue” over the past four quarters is “the size of a Fortune 300 company,” Cook said. Apple defines “wearables” as Apple Watch, plus AirPods, plus its Beats headphone subsidiary. Alcoa, the 300th company… Read full this story
- ‘Crazy Rich Asians': Dumpling Competitions, Karaoke Nights and More Things Left Out of Hollywood Reporter Cover Story
- Google Is The Biggest Factor Behind Apple's Services Revenue Growth
- Why Didn't Anyone Go See Missing Link?
- Undercover Report From Foxconn's Hell Factory
- Overworked and In Danger: The Full Foxconn Labor Report
- Missing Oregon woman whose Jeep plunged down Big Sur cliff found alive
- Reward offered for 10-foot steel crocodile gone missing in St. Cloud art heist
- 3 Ways Google’s Majel May Out-Chat Apple’s Siri (And 1 Big Way It Could Remain Speechless)
- Apple Taps Sony's Tamara Hunter as Head of Casting
- Notes on Streaming: Good News, No News and Things That Make Me Wonder
- Kids from families that earn less than $35,000 a year spend two hours more per day on smartphones and tablets than rich kids do
- Travel Troubleshooter: A heartbreaking loss, a missed vacation, and no refund
7 things you might have missed in Apple’s blockbuster earnings report this week have 342 words, post on www.businessinsider.sg at May 1, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.