|Bình Dân Hospital's annual scientific conference highlighted the latest high-tech techniques in surgery and medical treatment. —Photo courtesy of Bình Dân Hospital|
HCM CITY — High-tech treatments have become an efficient coworker for doctors in diagnosis and treatment in Việt Nam, Trần Vĩnh Hưng, the director of Bình Dân Hospital, said at a conference held in HCM City on Saturday.
Speaking at the opening ceremony of the hospital's annual scientific conference, Hưng said that progress in treating disease had had a significant improvement on the survival rates and the quality of patients' life.
The hospital has been a pioneer in Việt Nam in using robots in minimally invasive surgeries to treat 14 kinds of disease and cancer.
Through a magnified 3D high-definition vision system, surgeons can direct the robot's hands to bend and rotate 540 degrees, far more than a human hand can.
Dr Vũ Lê Chuyên, chairman of the Việt Nam Urology and Nephrology Association, said that 87 patients with prostrate cancer have had surgery with robots assisting since 2016, the year the hospital began using robots for surgery.
Within one year after implementation, nearly 300 patients had benefited from robotic surgery.
Moreover, many advanced techniques in endovascular intervention, plastic surgery, and endoscopy have been applied in many hospitals nationwide, including Bình Dân Hospital.
"Applying advanced techniques to improve diagnosis and treatment should be done now and in the future," Hưng said.
Hưng said that scientific and technological progress had helped doctors and experts in the health sector exchange the latest medical knowledge with local and overseas medical staff.
As many as 106 presentations were given at the conference, including topics related to urological problems, men's diseases, emergency aid, cancer, and the latest techniques in imaging diagnosis, anaesthetics and recovery. —VNS
- Looking For A High-Tech Gift For A Young Child? Think Playgrounds, Not Playpens
- Liberty-Dayton hospital stepping into high-tech world
- Exclusive — Peter Navarro: China Underestimated Trump’s Resolve to Win the Battle for Our High-Tech Future
- 7 High-Tech Beauty Products You Can Trust
- High-Tech Puritans: CES Trade Show Revokes Innovation Award from Sex Toy Manufacturer
- The Wild Logistical Ride of the Ebola Vaccine's High-Tech Thermos
- Five high tech personal care products
- JLABS injects some tech into the medical industry
- Codebreaker Turing's work could help improve medical testing – researchers
- Inside the race to create smart shoes, custom razors and high-tech devices for the over-65 crowd
- The Humble Stethoscope Gets a High-Tech Makeover
- High Tech Gadgets that Actually Help You Lose Weight
- Austin beats out Dallas, other cities to become home to Army's high-tech Futures Command
- Trump warns that Google and other tech giants 'better be careful'
- Radioactive waste standoff could slash high tech’s supply of rare earth elements
- Type 1 Diabetes: Tuberculosis Vaccine Could Offer “Major Advancement” In Treatment
- Amazon gives AI to hospital in tech's latest health push
- Zephyr Endobronchial Valves Improve Breathing, Quality of Life and Activity for Severe Emphysema Patients in US Pivotal Trial
- 5G Will Improve Healthcare Setting Through Advanced Medical Applications
- Tiny Robot Made of Gold Could Help with Tuberculosis Treatment
Robotics, high-tech treatment improves medical care in VN have 513 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at April 9, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono.News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.