The NBA rolled out a trunkload of new Nike-designed uniforms this season, with some teams sporting as many as five distinct styles. We asked a panel of experts — Tribune data visualization editor Jonathon Berlin, Tribune sports editor Amanda Kaschube, former NBA creative director and Gameplan Creative founder Tom O’Grady, Tribune sports media writer Phil Rosenthal and personal style consultant and style blogger Katie Schuppler — to review and rank each team’s kit.1. Portland Trail Blazers (41 points out of possible 50)Jonathon Berlin (10): There was a moment when someone said, “Let’s make the stripe diagonal.” Then their boss said: “No way. Too crazy.” Well, in Rip City they persisted, and what you see is the finest set of NBA uniforms in the land. The tartan texture on the “Rip City” shirt — oh, my. The flat red Statement Edition with shiny/flat black — genius. Classic design, fun touches, ultimate cool.Amanda Kaschube (9): Considering how that diagonal stripe looks like a pageant sash, here’s hoping the talent portion of the game features dunk shots and a marimba.Tom O’Grady (8): Overall, Blazers uniforms look like what you would expect from Portland, a good thing … familiar diagonal sash with pinwheel logo… Read full this story
- Ranking the new Big Ten schedule from 'Cakewalk' to 'Brutal'
- Knicks bring Tom Thibodeau back to New York as new coach
- From Beyoncé covers to indie shoots: the new generation of black fashion photographers
- Pacific Airlines launches flight attendant uniform and new brand identity
- Drake opens the doors to his EPIC Toronto mansion complete with NBA size basketball court and closets full of Birkin handbags for his future wife
- Ranking new Premier League kits for 2020-21
- Ranking new Premier League kits: 2020-21
- A New Plan for Making New Orleans Sustainable for Generations
- Brad Stevens trying to escape loooong run of college coaches failing in NBA
- Relaxed: Dressed-down look is making NBA coaches happy
- When did Jeffrey Epstein dress in a Navy SEAL uniform?
- Logitech Quadrupled Its Profits–With One Big Design Idea
Ranking the NBA's new Nike-designed uniforms have 327 words, post on www.chicagotribune.com at April 23, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.