Kim Klement-USA TODAY Sports
The Marlins announced on Friday that they’ve selected the contract of outfielder J.B. Shuck from Triple-A New Orleans. To clear room on the 40-man roster, first baseman/outfielder Garrett Cooper has been moved from the 10-day DL to the 60-day DL. Outfielder Braxton Lee was optioned to New Orleans to create a 25-man spot for the veteran Shuck.
Cooper recently landed on the disabled list when he was hit on the wrist by a pitch, and while the initial injury report out of Miami was a contusion, it seems that the injury is likely worse than that given today’s shuffle. Indeed, MLB.com’s Joe Frisaro tweets that Cooper has been diagnosed with a partially torn wrist tendon sheath.
That’s obviously unfortunate news for the 27-year-old, who had a clear path to a full showcase with the Fish. The rebuilding Marlins organization acquired Cooper over the winter from the Yankees and had planned to give him a shot in the corner outfield.
Cooper put himself on the map with a surprising minor-league breakout last year, leading to his acquisition by the Yankees and first crack at the majors. In his first 54 plate appearances at the game’s highest level, nine of which came early this season, he carries a .300/.333/.440 batting line.
- Blue Marlin owner opens ‘laidback’ seafood restaurant in Lexington
- Kris Bryant starts in right, David Bote at 3B as Cubs aim for sweep of Marlins
- Yu serious? Cubs putting Darvish on DL for the flu only worsens his reputation
- More and more people are calling for the firing of Jason Garrett, but Jerry Jones says that won’t happen anytime soon
- Santa Clara firm leaders charged with H-1B visa fraud
- Uber buys Careem, a rival in Mideast, for $3.1B cash, notes
- EU imposes 1B-euro fine on five banks
- Eagles vs. Cowboys: Five matchups to watch
- MLB Power Rankings Roundup: Where the Phillies stand at the season's midpoint
- After hotel construction deaths near Disney World, companies facing $157,000 in fines
- Howard County varsity roundup, April 20
- Here's where Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump stand on immigration
- Real estate transfers: July 9-13
- Lolita to remain at Seaquarium, rules court
- Activists have wanted to free Lolita for 25 years. But she’ll remain at the Seaquarium, court rules
- Florida’s building code is tough, but Michael was tougher. Is it time for a rewrite?
- Federal prosecutors investigating ‘blood gold’ won’t bring charges against Miami refinery
- The next frontier for defense drones may be the world's oceans
- As feds target gold industry for dirty money, this Miami refinery has bigger problems
- Kacey Musgraves takes top prize, Cardi B and Childish Gambino make history at Grammy Awards
Marlins call up OF J.B. Shuck, place 1B/OF Garrett Cooper on DL have 434 words, post on www.yardbarker.com at April 13, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono.News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.