THE US military is developing a creepy new weapon – a laser which beams out a spooky ‘human’ voice. The Pentagon’s non-lethal weapons lab has released footage of the laser which mimics speech to scare the hell out of enemies. It's an auditory effect created by military scientists who manipulated the air with lasers – creating words out of atoms in the atmosphere. They hope the high-tech device will stop people charging checkpoints, according to Defence One . The weapon comprises of two parts – a femtosecond laser, which shoots a burst of light for 10−15 seconds, creating a ball of plasma. Scientists then hit that plasma with a nanolaser, to manipulate the way that can produce light and noise. David Law, who runs the technology research division said: “We're this close to getting it to speak to us. I need three or four more kilohertz .” He said he wants to develop the laser to also produce light and heat. The voice laser doesn’t project sound from a speaker, but can beam it directly towards an enemy, meaning the voices appear from thin air. Last month, we revealed the US is close to unveiling new super-powered lasers capable of zapping nukes straight out of the… Read full this story
- Air Force bomber plan: B-2, B-52 and B-1 to fly into 2040
- Iran’s secret weapons bases hidden in underground ‘Missile Cities’ revealed
- PHENOMENAL ENERGY EMBEDDED in SOUND WAVES
- Tempest fighter jet: RAF’s new weapon the star attraction at ‘world’s greatest festival’
- Death Stranding: Everything we know about Hideo Kojima's mind-melting new game
- The secret army of women and children who kept The Few in flight: Plan for life-sized Spitfire memorial to mark the unsung workforce who built 2,000 aircraft in sheds and garages during Battle of Britain
- Three Dictators, Three Generations: How One Family Of Women Broke The Rules And Fought For Freedom
- China's Missiles Could be a New 21st Century Kamikaze Weapon
- When police misconduct occurs, records often stay secret. One mom's fight to change that.
- Retired black Fort Worth cop says she is 'scared' of being stopped by police because officers 'shoot before thinking' - as one of her former colleagues is charged with murder for killing a woman through her window
- Al Qaeda : Secrets of its Hidden Power
- Ford unveils bug repelling technology on its self-driving vehicles which include lasers and 16 spray nozzles emitting soapy fluid to stop insects interfering with the automated system and causing malfunctions
US military developing top secret laser weapon that can generate the sound of voice out of thin air to scare enemy to death have 405 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at March 21, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.