|PM Nguyen Xuan Phuc (C) joins delegates at the inaugural ceremony for Thaco Mazda plant in Quang Nam on March 25 – Photo: NDO|
PM Phuc gave an order to kick-start the construction of the VND12 trillion (US$528 million) plant at an investment promotion conference in Quang Nam province in 2017.
After one year, the first phase of the project was completed with half of the designed capacity of 100,000 units per year.
Covering an area of 30.3ha at the Chu Lai Open Economic Zone, the plant is equipped with cutting-edge technologies, meeting global standards of Japan’s Mazda Group.
Also on March 25, Thaco inaugurated the international shipping route linking Chu Lai and Japan, and welcomed the first vessel transporting automobile spare parts and equipment from Japan’s Hiroshima prefecture to the Chu Lai Port in order to serve Thaco Mazda factory’s production.
|Thaco inaugurates the international shipping route linking Chu Lai and Japan in Quang Nam on March 25 – Photo: NDO|
Tran Ba Duong, Thaco Chairman, said the group plans to build another wharf and has invested VND600 billion in expanding the arterial road from the Chu Lai Port to Da Nang-Quang Ngai Expressway, and building a double-decker roundabout interchange between National Highway 1A, the North-South railway, and the arterial road.
PM Phuc said that the event marks the development of not only Thaco but also Quang Nam province.
He lauded cooperation between Mazda and Thaco over the past time, saying that the collaboration has contributed to the Vietnam-Japan relationship.
Vietnam encourages the development of the auto industry, he said, adding that the Government will devise policies to ensure equality between locally-made automobiles and imported ones.
The leader asked Thaco to roll out a specific plan to operate the plant effectively and safely, meeting demands of both domestic and foreign markets.
He also called on Japan’s Mazda Group to continue transfer technologies to Thaco, especially the production of components, and support the company in completing the second phase of the project as scheduled.
- PM attends opening ceremony of 2nd Belt and Road Forum
- PM attends tree planting campaign
- Navjot Singh will attend inauguration of Kartarpur Corridor after getting clearances, says wife
- PM Nguyen Xuan Phuc attends groundbreaking ceremony of smart city in Busan
- Engineering marvel at 4,500 feet: PM Modi inaugurates Sikkim’s Pakyong airport
- PM Nguyễn Xuân Phúc attends groundbreaking ceremony of smart city in Busan
- 'She cares, that is why she won': Asha Bhosle thanks Smriti Irani for helping her reach home after PM's oath ceremony
- PM attends ASEAN-RoK CEO Summit
- PM attends first Mekong – RoK Summit
- Vietnamese PM attends ASEAN-RoK Start-up Summit
- Smriti Irani helps a 'stranded' Asha Bhosle at PM Modi's swearing-in
- Water plant begins operations