|Đặng Thanh Tân has been successful with his high-tech shrimp breeding model. — VNA/VNS Photo Thùy Dung|
NINH BÌNH — More than two years ago, Đặng Thanh Tân, a farmer in Bình Minh Town, northern Ninh Bình Province decided to switch from breeding shrimp in traditional ponds to high-tech farming. Over the course of the same breeding period, the new technique brings about higher shrimp productivity and quality than the traditional method.
By the end of 2015, after studying shrimp breeding models nationwide, Tan decided to renovate his farm by building a green house and spreading out a layer of canvas at the bottom of the pond.
Tân said that the high-tech shrimp farming model requires breeders to build a pond with an appropriate area (2ha), as well as additional ponds assisting the main one.
Several years ago, the shrimp he raised in the traditional pond yielded low productivity as the shrimps were affected by unfavourable weather conditions and attacked by diseases. Now he uses probiotics instead of antibiotics so that shrimps have better resistance against diseases and are of a better quality.
"The biggest advantage of high-tech shrimp farming is a closed breeding process. Breeders can control the breeding environment so that they can prevent disease risks since shrimps are released to the pond until they are grown up," he said.
"I can release only 50-70 shrimp per sq.m to a traditional pond but up to 150-200 shrimp per sq.m to a high-tech pond. The risk of death stays very low. Each kg has 40-50 shrimps," he said.
Thanks to new technology, Tan is able to cut down on production spending. He built a separate water treatment area covering the same area as the breeding pond (2ha).
On the same area, his model helps save money compared to other models, including saving water thanks to the water treatment system which helps improve biological safety and reduces energy costs thanks to a special air pumping system.
With the traditional method, breeders have to feed shrimps. Tan uses an automatic shrimp feeding machine which helps prevent food being wasted in the water and reduces labour. Shrimps fed by this method also grow faster.
Last year, after three seasons, he harvested 50 tonnes of shrimp products worth over VNĐ8 billion (US$348,000). The total profit gained was estimated at more than VNĐ3 billion ($130,500).
Tân said that he would multiply the high-tech shrimp farming model and apply additional technologies to his farm.
The high-tech shrimp breeding model requires big investment but brings about high profits, controls diseases and addresses environmental problems. Its production is really sustainable, said Nguyễn Tiến Thành, standing deputy secretary of Party Committee of Ninh Bình Province.
He encouraged local shrimp breeders to switch to high-tech farming for higher profits. — VNS
- Bayer tells its high-tech story to win consumer confidence
- Beijing Readies for Possible High-Tech Cold War
- How high-tech agriculture is transforming the fortunes of Nigerian rice farmers
- Kien Giang applies advanced technologies in large-scale shrimp farming
- Gadgets: the hardest thing to make now is a profit
- Google, Amazon and other tech companies to meet President
- Adrian Weckler: 'Eight top tech trends to watch out for this year'
- Smurfit Kappa 'insulated' from hard Brexit as profits hit record
- Tech Review: Nikon Z7
- Business Breakfast LIVE: Nationwide profits tumble 20% amid tech investments
- Norway's $1 Trillion Man Talks Brexit, China and Big Tech
- Big week for Big Tech as quarterly earnings loom
- Crest Nicholson cautions over ‘difficult’ start to 2019 as profits tumble 15%
- Richard Branson’s Virgin Galactic space flights branded ‘dead-end tech’ by top astronaut
- France to become first EU nation to levy special tax on tech giants
- Business Breakfast LIVE: Greggs lifts profits guidance as Festive Bakes and breakfasts serve up strong end to 2018
- European shares hit 2-month high led by tech rally
- Fondul Proprietatea: Regulated energy prices will bring lower State budget revenues, reduced investments and market distortion
- A new breed of banking as CYBG opens its latest hub
- Business Breakfast LIVE: Tech giants should have duty to ensure 'quality news', says review
High-tech shrimp breeding brings higher profits have 673 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at March 19, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono.News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.