|Cars driven by Chinese tourists enter Việt Nam through Móng Cái border gate. — Photo dantri.com.vn|
QUẢNG NINH — The People's Committee of northern Quảng Ninh Province has allowed cars driven by Chinese nationals to enter Hạ Long City through Móng Cái border gate for tourism purposes.
The entry of Chinese cars will be allowed on a trial basis until December 31 this year, Vũ Văn Hợp, Chief of the Secretariat of the provincial People's Committee, told the Tiền Phong (Vanguard) newspaper.
Since January 1, 2017, the province has only allowed cars with less than nine seats owned by Chinese nationals and enterprises to enter Móng Cái City and vice versa during a trial period of one year.
Chinese tourists are not allowed to stay beyond three days per entrance. In case of accidents or broken-down cars, the stay is extended by another day.
In 2017, there were 93 cars ferrying 256 Chinese tourists to Móng Cái City and 38 cars with 110 tourists from Việt Nam to Dongxing City in China.
Cars entering Việt Nam through Móng Cái border gate are allowed to travel around Móng Cái City. Meanwhile, tourists from Việt Nam are allowed to travel around Dongxing City only.
Before starting the trial in Hạ Long City, Deputy Prime Minister Phạm Bình Minh asked Quảng Ninh Province's People's Committee to calculate the number of vehicles operating every month, map the areas in which cars are allowed to enter and take measures to ensure public security and traffic safety.
Meanwhile, the Government Office asked the province to further enhance tourism between Móng Cái City and Dongxing City through Móng Cái border gate.
China also agreed to expand the travel area up to Nanjing City, some 220km from Dongxing City.
According to Quảng Ninh's authorities, expanding the area of travel up to Hạ Long City will create opportunities to attract tourists and bring profits to enterprises, as well as to the local and State budget. — VNS
- Will re-designed IndyCar make for better racing at Long Beach Grand Prix?
- Grand Prix of Long Beach steers money into city, region
- Brewster: Lots of Long Beach love for long-running Grand Prix
- The electric car revolution is coming. This is what has to happen first
- Three things learned: Man City v. Man United
- Leicester City's decline: Champions to the Championship?
- Red Bull's Ricciardo wins Chinese Grand Prix; 6th career win
- Chinese GP qualifying: Sebastian Vettel takes pole with record time while Lewis Hamilton finishes fourth
- Paris: Base jumpers take to City of Light's heights
- AP Source: Timberwolves adding NBA's 1st Chinese owner
- Transfer news & rumours: Chinese club hopeful of Messi deal
- Royals pitcher Ventura dies in car crash in Dominican
- Alexander Rossi dominates to win Long Beach GP, followed by Will Power, Ed Jones
- Lewis Hamilton left to rue Mercedes safety-car blunder as Sebastian Vettel takes advantage to win in Australia
- Analysis: Kyle Busch keeps making long weekend stories short
- Kyle Busch wins Food City 500
- Kyle Busch wins pole for Food City 500; Kurt Busch qualifies second
- Iniesta to Manchester City is 'fake news'
- Russell Westbrook: ‘I was never going to leave’ Oklahoma City
- INDYCAR: Alexander Rossi roars to pole for Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach
Chinese tourist cars allowed in Hạ Long City have 552 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at March 20, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono.News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.