The venerable Mercedes-Benz S-Class is available in no fewer than 12 different models across sedan, coupe and convertible body styles. And for soaking in the California sun, it doesn’t get much better than the Cabriolet. The sun pours in, I set the massaging seats to “relaxing” and unwind. Bring it on, Bay Bridge toll plaza. Your half-hour wait time and crowded lanes can’t ruin my commute.Power and poiseMercedes offers V6, V8 and beastly V12 power across the S-Class range, though in the Cabriolet, this eight-cylinder S560 serves as the entry-level model. The S560 ditches the old S550’s 4.7-liter twin-turbo V8 in favor of a smaller 4.0-liter unit. But don’t worry, the new engine actually makes more power — 463 horsepower — and torque remains the same at 516 pound-feet.Power is sent to the rear wheels through a nine-speed automatic transmission. And with the ability to switch between Eco, Comfort, Sport or Sport+ drive modes, the S-Class can drive with many different attitudes. With a heavy right foot, the Merc responds quickly, rewarding me with a subtle growl from the V8. In Comfort mode, the nine-speed is programed more for my grandma’s driving style, but things firm up nicely in Sport… Read full this story
- EeVe Xeniaa Long-Term Review (Final Report): An Eco-Friendly Urban Commuter!
- 2020 TVS Apache RR310 Review: From Race-Track To The Roads!
- 2015 Audi S3 review
- Spend More Than 30 Minutes With The Mercedes-AMG GT 4-Door Coupe
- Techie Software Soldier Spy
- Honda: Robots Can't Fully Replace Humans In Car Production, Yet
- Online tools spurned by drivers, survey reveals
- The SEC has experienced its first coronavirus setback. What's next?
- Forza Horizon 4 is available now! Here's where to buy it cheap
- Vietnam, Germany enjoy fruitful cooperation for 45 years
- VW Lost $489 Per Car So Far In 2020, Porsche Made $11,800: Study
- Penske: No decisions yet on McLaughlin or Supercars future
2018 Mercedes-Benz S560 Cabriolet review: A techy drop-top for the 1 percent have 298 words, post on www.cnet.com at March 16, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.