0 Post a comment Thursday, 11 January 2018 By Charley Adams in Environment A South Hams campaigner has called for the government to act “quickly” upon Theresa May’s ambitions to partake on a 25-year plan to improve the environment. As Theresa May reveals her ambitions to reduce plastic waste and consumption, campaigner from Less Plastic, Amanda Keetley has analysed the Prime Ministers pledge to eradicate all avoidable plastic waste. Today the Prime Minister has launched a 25-year plan to improve the environment by reducing the amount of plastic waste, increasing the charge on plastic bags across all retailers and increasing funding into research. At the World at One programme on BBC Radio Four, Amanda Keetley talked to Mark Mardell about the Prime Minister’s ambitions. Amanda Keetley is the founder of Less Plastic based in the South Hams, that aims to raise awareness of the problems of plastic pollution and offer reusable alternatives. May’s speech had “lots of good things in there” explained Amanda. Her ideas are definitely a good start, however there is “not enough detail” in them. “She didn’t mention anything at all about plastic bottles” which are “the items we find most on beaches near us” added Amanda…. Read full this story
- Everything you wanted to ask about the Guardian's climate change campaign
- Climate change: UN backs fossil fuel divestment campaign
- Meghan McCain says the military are 'fearful' to show her father's name because Trump 'keeps attacking him' following claims her dad's namesake warship was 'out of sight' during the president's visit to Japan
- Energy storage vital to keep UK lights on, say MPs
- Archie meets the Archbishop! Meghan Markle and Prince Harry take son to tea with veteran anti-apartheid campaigner Desmond Tutu whose daughter jokes: 'He's going to be a ladies' man!'
- British paramedics should not have to worry about being attacked while selflessly helping people in need
- EU expats condemn Theresa May's 'pathetic' offer on Brexit rights
- The last-minute pledges and promises that helped May survive leadership challenge
- I want my war with Michael Gove war to end, says David Cameron: Ex-PM offers olive branch to his ally-turned-rival after Sarah Vine's searingly honest admission Brexit drove the families apart
- Theresa May to call for unity, equality and successful exit from EU
- General election: 8 ways you can get involved with campaign and help change UK's future
- Boris Johnson's father Stanley says he would proudly 'wear 'unco-operative crusty' badge' as he backs thousands of Extinction Rebellion protestors who partied the night away at Trafalgar Square rave
Theresa May should act 'quickly' to help the environment, says South Hams campaigner have 409 words, post on www.kingsbridge-today.co.uk at January 11, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.