Documentary DP Peter Alton has shot non-fiction pieces on El Chapo, Tupac Shakur and the history of violence along the U.S.-Mexico border. Alton was hired by directors Cristina Costantini and Darren Foster to shoot Science Fair, which premieres at the Sundance Film Festival. The film follows nine students as they arrive at the 2017 International Science and Engineering Fair in Los Angeles. Alton spoke with Filmmaker about his intimate, unobtrusive approach to filming documentary interviews and action.Filmmaker: How and why did you wind up being the cinematographer of your film? What were the factors and attributes that led to your being hired for this job?Alton: I had worked with Darren Foster on Borderland for Al Jazeera America, on a documentary about gold mining in Colombia for Discovery and on drug stories for Vice News. He passed my name along to Cristina, and we started talking from there. Above all, I think I was able to tune into their vision of what the science fair was like.Filmmaker: What were your artistic goals on this film, and how did you realize them? How did you want your cinematography to enhance the film’s storytelling and treatment of its characters?Alton: Rather than impose any personal vision on… Read full this story
- 'What's the downside with humoring him for this little bit of time?' Republican insider defends backing Trump's refusal to concede and admits 'no one seriously thinks the result will change'
- Biden campaign hauls in $70 million during Democratic convention
- 2020 Election Live Updates: Biden within a whisper of overtaking Trump in Georgia
- 2020 Election Live Updates: Biden grabs lead in Georgia; dramatic reversal for Trump
- 2020 Election Live Updates: Trump falsely claims Dems rigging election, suggests mail ballots are not legal
- 2020 Election Live Updates: Biden creeps up in Pennsylvania, Georgia; aggrieved Trump baselessly disputes counts
- 2020 Election Live Updates: Biden closing gap in Pennsylvania, Georgia; Trump creeps up in Arizona
- 2020 Election Live Updates: Biden battles Trump to virtual tie in Georgia; Trump creeps up in Arizona
- 2020 Election Live Updates: Biden battles to virtual tie in Georgia, eyes ‘blue wall’ comeback in Pennsylvania
- Biden overtakes Trump in Pennsylvania AND Georgia and is hours from victory - but President says the election is 'not over' after incredible rant claiming conspiracy against him
- US election results: 'We're going to win this race,' says Biden — live updates
- Joe Biden calls Donald Trump's refusal to concede 'an EMBARRASSMENT' saying 'it will not help the president's legacy' and says Republicans WILL admit he won the election
“It Was a Bit of a Scramble Chasing Them All Around the Convention Center”: DP Peter Alton on have 416 words, post on filmmakermagazine.com at January 25, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.