Residents can now find their happy place in two spots on the Treasure Coast.
Coastal Living editors wrote about Vero Beach: “Call it the Carmel of the Atlantic. Sophisticated but low-key, Vero Beach feels less like a city than a village with urbane gifts: high-end hotels and historic architecture, a stunning art museum, fashion-forward restaurants and shopping and a blissful absence of high-rise buildings. Locals enjoy the natural blessings of their barrier island’s ocean beaches as well as the vibrant ecosystems of the Indian River Lagoon.”
A link has been posted to your Facebook feed.
Interested in this topic? You may also want to view these photo galleries:
Vero Beach beat out six other sunny beach towns: Cannon Beach, Oregon; Bellport, New York; Hampton/Hampton Beach, New Hampshire; Cambria, California; Anna Maria, Florida; and Bluffton, South Carolina.
The top three happiest seaside towns are Cape Charles, Virginia (3); Traverse City, Michigan (2); and Ocean City, New Jersey (1).
To choose the 2018 finalists, Coastal Living asked for nominations through social media. From there, it looked at the city or town’s ranking on the Gallup-Sharecare Well-Being Index; percentage of clear and sunny days; healthiness of beaches; commute times; walkability; crime ratings; standard of living and financial well-being of locals; geographic diversity; and Coastal Living editors’ assessment of each town’s “coastal vibe.” Previous winners were not eligible.
According to its website, “Coastal Living.com is the No. 1 online authority for those captivated by the coast,” and is a “quintessential resource for celebrating (the coast’s) unique charm, customs and way of living.” It also publishes 10 magazines a year.
Maureen Kenyon is TCPalm’s trends reporter, keeping Treasure Coast residents updated on hot topics and happenings. Do you have a story to tell? Want to start a conversation? Send an email to [email protected], call 772-221-4249 or follow her on Twitter @_MaureenKenyon_.
- A New England spot is one of America’s 10 happiest seaside towns, according to Coastal Living
- Vero Beach named a finalist for 'Happiest Seaside Town' by Coastal Living magazine
- America's happiest seaside town: Ocean City, N.J.
- Vero Beach, Florida: 10 interesting things you might not know
- Fodor's Travel names Vero Beach to list of Florida beach towns to visit this winter
- Vero Beach FL - Housing Affordability Improves
- 24/7 Wall Street names Vero Beach one of 25 cities in U.S. with best weather
- Vero Beach ranks high on list of best weather in U.S. by 24/7 Wall Street
- The best seaside towns near London for a sunny day trip
- Stunning colourised postcards from 1890 capture life in the seaside towns and ruined castles of Scotland in the Victorian age
- How seaside towns are fighting back