- More than half of the Department of Health and Human Services 80,000+ employees could be furloughed
- Expert in disaster preparedness says “It doesn’t make any sense” to risk the health of citizens
(CNN)A government shutdown could potentially hurt the health of more than the government workers who will be plagued with the uncertainty and stress of not knowing when they’ll get back to work and collect a paycheck. The shutdown could impact you, too.
1. Flu fighters may be furloughed
2. Food safety concerns
3. Drug discovery
4. Vets must wait longer for help
5. Your environment and devices
- How a partial government shutdown could affect your health: 'It's narrow'
- State of Play: 5 days away from a partial government shutdown
- How federal shutdown would hit Michigan
- Shutdown, Markets, Facebook: Your Thursday Evening Briefing
- Government 'needs a good shutdown,' frustrated Trump tweets
- Phil Murphy campaign promise tracker: On minimum wage, PARCC testing, NJ Transit and more
- CDT Bookshelf: Interview with Sam Crane
- Net neutrality faces its own election challenge in heated midterms
- DealBook Briefing: The Fed Raised Rates. The Markets Didn’t Like It.
- State of Play: Trump, Pelosi and Schumer met over border funding. Now what?
- John Boehner's resignation spells trouble for Jeb Bush