Apple Inc. said its next major new hardware product, the HomePod speaker, is being delayed until early next year, missing the key holiday shopping season.“We can’t wait for people to experience HomePod, Apple’s breakthrough wireless speaker for the home, but we need a little more time before it’s ready for our customers,” Apple spokeswoman Trudy Muller said. “We’ll start shipping in the U.S., U.K. and Australia in early 2018.”The HomePod, which streams tunes from Apple Music, takes voice commands via Siri, and controls smart home appliances, was originally announced in June at the company’s annual developer conference. It was scheduled to ship in December, Apple said at the time. It will now go on sale in early 2018, Apple said.CNBC reported the delay earlier.This is the second year in a row that a major new Apple audio product has been delayed. Last year, the AirPods wireless headphones were held back from an October launch until December.Smart speakers will be a key focus for the holiday shopping season given the influx of devices coming from other players like Alphabet Inc.’s Google, Amazon.com Inc., and Sonos Inc. Apple’s accessory business, part of its Other Products segment, is minuscule compared to the iPhone… Read full this story
- New Tours Available This Holiday Season
- HCM City theatres mark holiday season
- Cua Lo Beach during Summer Holiday Season
- Apple still draws crowds in Asia with new iPhone 5
- Apple releases latest mobile operating system
- Apple goes big screen with iPhone 5
- Apple's Cook raises bar with new holiday product lineup
- Google unwraps Chrome PCs too late for holidays
- Apple seen revamping iPod line
- Apple's iPhone 5 bigger, faster but lacks "wow"
- Apple phone, tablet and TV fail to impress investors
- Aggressive iPhone launch plan boosts Apple outlook
Apple to miss holiday season with HomePod speaker have 294 words, post on www.detroitnews.com at November 18, 2017. This is cached page on Konitono News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.