Story highlights Sleep deprivation can make you sick or irritable and even kill you Developing good habits can bring back a good night’s rest This feature is part of CNN Parallels, an interactive series exploring ways you can improve your health by making small changes to your daily habits. (CNN)We are one groggy, cranky, sleep-deprived population. Depending on our age, we are supposed to get between seven and 10 hours of sleep each night. <img alt=”Related article: CNN Parallels: Sleep” class=”media__image” src=”//i2.cdn.cnn.com/cnnnext/dam/assets/170810212828-cnn-health-parallels-sleep-large-169.jpg”> CNN Parallels: Sleep But according to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, a third of us get fewer than seven hours of sleep per night. In addition, 50 million to 70 million Americans suffer from sleep disorders such as sleep apnea, insomnia and restless leg syndrome, which can ruin a good night’s shuteye. And we’re not alone. In bedrooms around the globe, men, women and children are tossing and turning. According to World Sleep Day statistics, sleep deprivation is threatening the health of up to 45% of the world’s population. Risking life and money Read More Science has linked poor slumber with high blood pressure, a weakened immune system, weight gain, a lack of libido, mood… Read full this story
- Too hot to sleep? Here's how to stay cool in bed tonight
- Too hot to sleep? Here are the best ways to stay cool at night
- Sleep guidance will advise at least seven hours' rest a night
- 10 tips for sleeping in hot weather
- Tips to get through the day if you've not had enough sleep
- 15 top tips for getting a good night's sleep in the hot weather
- 12 super simple health checks you can do in your living room
- Sleep-deprived nation: the disorders keeping you awake
- 'It's a health time bomb'
- Dear Dr Nina: 'I can't sleep after having my two children
- Sleep tweaks boost night owls' wellbeing
- Health by numbers: can you count your way to wellness?
Sacrificing sleep? Here's what it will do to your health have 340 words, post on edition.cnn.com at July 19, 2017. This is cached page on Konitono News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.