My old friend David Horowitz is having another moment in the sun. The one-time stalwart of the 1960’s New Left is raising his hand to retroactively claim credit as a founding father of the Trump revolution. Here he is at Breitbart, boasting about his long friendship with Steven Bannon and about grooming a young Stephen Miller, who Horowitz calls a “general” in the “White House battle tank” and his personal “conduit to (then Senator, now Attorney General Jeff) Sessions.” At his own Frontpage Magazine, Horowitz pays tribute to its man of the year, Bannon “the unsung hero.” His new book, Big Agenda: President Trump’s Plan to Save America, “a guide to fighting the opponents of the conservative restoration,” has been on Amazon’s best-seller list for weeks. Among its singular contributions to our current political culture is that a prominent conservative intellectual now proposes Republicans take lessons in electoral strategy from Mike Tyson: “Everybody has a game plan until you punch them in the mouth.” From this bon mot Horowitz concludes that in order to win the struggle for America’s future, “conservatives must begin every confrontation by punching progressives in the mouth.” Elsewhere in the book, Horowitz writes: “Republicans must adhere… Read full this story
- Trump 'horrified' on winning presidency: book
- Trump issues stay of execution for Iran nuclear deal
- David Moyes right choice for United: Van Nistelrooy
- Special report: Ivanka Trump and the fugitive from Panama
- Trump beats Kim, sort of, at Art Basel in Miami Beach
- Democrat Jones wins U.S. Senate seat in Alabama in blow to Trump
- Torture probe launched after 13 siblings held captive in US home
- Analysis: Trump heads home with 'America First' ringing in Asian ears
- Trump says willing to talk with North Korean leader
- Will Trump’s anti-Muslim tweets destroy US-UK special relationship?
- Trump keeping 'open mind' on pulling out of climate accord
- For Palestinian Christians, Trump is Christmas killjoy
The Captive Mind of Trump True Believer David Horowitz have 321 words, post on www.thedailybeast.com at February 25, 2017. This is cached page on Konitono News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.