- S.E. Cupp: With its commercials and choice of performers, the Super Bowl was caught up in politics before it began
- As a professional attention-seeker, Lady Gaga has a lot in common with Trump, Cupp says
S.E. Cupp is the author of “Losing Our Religion: The Liberal Media’s Attack on Christianity,” co-author of “Why You’re Wrong About the Right” and a columnist at the New York Daily News. The opinions expressed in this commentary are her own.
(CNN)While conservatives and supporters of President Trump are (in many cases rightfully) complaining that the Super Bowl is following Hollywood award shows in politicizing entertainment, Lady Gaga, who performed the half-time show this year, is actually a perfect reflection of Trump — rather than a rejection of him.
- Haute withdraw: Lady Gaga Valentino dress pulled from auction just minutes before it closes with a top bid of $19K following claims dress was stolen by maid and designer's refusal to authenticate gown
- Lady Gaga won’t say whether she’ll make political statement during Super Bowl halftime
- 5 performers who should join Lady Gaga at Super Bowl 51
- Lady Gaga won the Super Bowl with high-flying halftime show (the best since MJ?)
- WhatIfSports Super Bowl LI prop bet predictions: Lady Gaga’s first halftime song and more
- Watch full Super Bowl LI halftime show: Lady Gaga
- Heroic petition calls for Migos to replace Lady Gaga at Super Bowl halftime show
- Lady Gaga jumps off NRG Stadium roof during Super Bowl LI halftime show
- Lady Gaga drops mic, jumps off stage to end Super Bowl halftime show
- Einstein plays Lady Gaga in NatGeo’s first Super Bowl ad
- Will Lady Gaga Super Bowl halftime show have any guest appearances?
- NFL Rumors: Lady Gaga to perform Super Bowl 51 halftime show?