A 40sq.m beach and water area on Chàm Island will be restored and demarcated to protect and conserve the green turtle (Chelonia mydas) species. A decision to this effect has been taken by the management board of the island’s Marine Protected Area (MPA). Lê Xuân Ái, a researcher, told Việt Nam News that a scientific study will be undertaken in the area for three years (2017-2019) under the green turtle conservation project to ensure prolonged restoration of the endangered species. Ái, who has 30 years of experience in studying conservation of the turtle in the Côn Đảo Island National Park in Bà Rịa-Vũng Tàu Province, said the Chàm Island MPA was the most favourable site in the central Việt Nam for the project. “We are eyeing Bãi Bắc (north beach) of the Chàm Island for building a convenient site for turtles to lay and hatch eggs. We will offer in-situ and ex-situ conservation of the green turtle at the Chàm Island in co-operation with Côn Đảo National Park in coming years. “Green turtle eggs will be taken from Côn Đảo Island – where we’ve succeeded in conserving the turtle species for years – and hatched on beaches in Chàm Island….
- Smiley: Now showing: The Flying Turtle Escapes!
- Rare sea turtle discovered on South Carolina beach in 'elusive' find
- Maharashtra’s coastal districts to have marine animal rescue centres before next monsoon
- Two-headed turtle spotted on South Carolina beach: 'We thought we had seen it all'
- At least 37 killed in Aegean Sea earthquake that hit Turkey and Greek island
- 'It's much safer here than at home': Fuming Britons blast surprise quarantine on seven Greek islands as mad scramble begins to return to the UK by 4AM tomorrow and TUI and Jet2 cancel holidays
- Italian flat earthers saved by migrant rescue vessel off the coast of Lampedusa 'after sailing to see the edge of the world'
- Lesbos: a Greek island in limbo over tourism, refugees – and its future
- Little Mix's Leigh-Anne Pinnock displays her incredible figure in an aqua green bikini as she soaks up the sun in Mykonos
- Resilient homes rescue those in storm- and flood-hit areas
- Green algae season in Tri An lake
- Jennifer Lawrence puts on a colorful display in a green dress while holding hands with husband Cooke Maroney on a stroll in Manhattan
Cham Islands try to rescue the green turtle have 392 words, post on at January 29, 2017. This is cached page on Konitono News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.