Apple faces a battle to convince consumers to switch to wireless headphones after controversially scrapping the headphone jack on the new iPhone 7, analysts have warned. Electrical shops are enjoying an increase in wireless headphone sales after Apple’s announcement on Wednesday, but the market has been dogged by concerns about the sound quality, price and durability of products. The removal of the jack means iPhone users must buy wireless headphones or use an adaptor to connect wired headphones to the battery port. The company will sell its own wireless headphones, called AirPods, at $159 (£119) Analysts said Apple had failed to make its wireless headphones attractive enough to consumers and many would simply use the adaptor that comes with the iPhone 7 to connect their wired headphones to the battery port. Ernest Doku, telecoms expert at price comparison service uSwitch, said: “The loss of the headphone jack is likely to divide opinion. The pricey AirPod earphones are part style statement, part practicality, but Apple just didn’t seem to land a persuasive justification for the bold move. The headphone adaptor helps bridge the gap, but suggests a lack of commitment to something touted as a courageous step.” Neil Saunders, chief executive… Read full this story
- Apple’s iPhone 7 May Not Have a Headphone Jack
- Microsoft Working on Xbox One Controller with Standard Headphone Jack
- Retailer posts first images of new Xbox One controller with 3.5mm headphone jack
- Lower Cost 8GB iPhone 4 Due Alongside iPhone 5 Launch?
- iPhone 4S Breaks Records; Steve Jobs Worked on iPhone 5
- Apple iPhone 4S Will Support Airplay Mirroring Games
- Securities Firm Claims iPhone 5 Will Release Late 2011 or Early 2012
- Reuters: Less expensive iPhone 4 heading to China, iPhone 5 heading to Sprint
- Fixing a Broken iPhone X Screen is Insanely Expensive
- That was the news – Week 10, 2008: iPhone could be the answer to mobile gaming’s prayers
- Apple announces iPhone 5C and 5S, Infinity Blade 3 announced – out September 20
- Apple sends out invites to October 4 iPhone event
Apple faces tough sell after scrapping iPhone 7 headphones jack have 315 words, post on www.theguardian.com at September 8, 2016. This is cached page on Konitono News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.