|A tourist electric car is seen in Hà Nội City. The car will part of a pilot project in Quảng Nam and Kiên Giang provinces. — Photo vnexpress.net|
HÀ NỘI — The Prime Minister has agreed to a pilot project to run electric cars to serve tourists in two more provinces.
Under the programme, the electric cars will be introduced to serve tourists in Hội An City in central Quảng Nam Province and in southern Kiên Giang Province's Phú Quốc District.
The two provinces will be responsible for implementation of the project in the area and to ensure traffic safety.
After six months of trial operations, the provincial authorities will report the results of the project to the government for effective implementation in the next round.
The Transport Ministry has also asked the locals to assess the utility of electric cars and to recommend solutions to the government this month.
The ministry said the pilot model of tourist electric cars had earlier been adopted in four cities and provinces – Hà Nội, Nghệ An, Thanh Hóa and Quảng Bình.
Other cities and provinces, including Khánh Hòa, Hải Phòng, Lào Cai and Đà Nẵng, as well as Thừa Thiên-Huế and Bà Rịa-Vũng Tàu, are also using electric cars to meet tourist demands in their areas.
In addition, electric cars have other great benefits – save energy, considerable drop in noise, air pollution and traffic jams, as well as safe travel and promote the use of public transport. — VNS
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES JAN. 31
- Spain digs itself out of snow in the aftermath of Storm Gloria that has killed eight people and battered coastal towns in country’s worst storm for 30 years
- Death toll from Wuhan coronavirus tops 100 as infection rate accelerates
- Number of Wuhan coronavirus cases inside mainland China overtakes SARS, as virus spreads worldwide
- China marks deadliest day as WHO declares global health emergency in fight against Wuhan coronavirus
Tourist electric cars to run in more provinces have 339 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at May 13, 2016. This is cached page on Konitono.News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.