Apple (AAPL) CEO Tim Cook kicked off the company’s spring 2016 product launch by vowing to defend the privacy of its technology. “We believe strongly that we have a responsibility to help you protect your data and protect your privacy,” Cook said Monday, alluding to Apple’s bitter legal fight with the government over an iPhone used by San Bernardino gunman Syed Rizwan Farook. “We owe it to our customers and we owe it to our country. This is an issue that affects all of us and we will not shrink from our responsibility.” Noting that the iPhone is “a deeply personal device,” Cook said, “we need to decide as a nation how much power the government should have over our data and over our privacy.” Turning to the product rollout, Apple introduced a smaller iPhone that packs some of the newer technology used in the latest generation of iPhones. Dubbed the iPhone SE , the device comes with a 4-inch screen, but is as fast and powerful as the iPhone 6S, said Greg Joswiak, head of iPhone marketing. It’s “the most powerful 4-inch phone ever created,” Cook said. The new trimmed-down device, which also has a 12 megapixel camera and… Read full this story
- iPhone fans hit Apple Stores as latest handsets go on sale
- iPhone XS launch – Apple superfans get a hold of the £1,449 iPhone XS as thousands queue around the world
- Apple’s iPhone comparison tool makes it way easier to choose a new phone
- Apple’s new £1,249 iPhone XS Max ‘costs just £337 in parts’ – so why are you paying so much?
- Apple gives you a TRUST rating – and it’s based on your phone call and email habits
- Chinese phone maker rips off Apple’s iPhone XS in the most shameless way
- Business Breakfast LIVE: Apple rumoured to be ready to launch three new iPhone handsets
- Facebook’s privacy app BANNED from App Store over Apple’s snooping fears
- Apple set to unveil three new iPhones at California event
- Apple could unveil three new iPhone handsets and a fourth-generation Watch
- Facebook bans quiz app and pulls its security app over privacy
- iPhone XS glass slammed as ‘impure’ by vlogger during scratch test on £1,100 phone
iPhone SE unveiled; Apple vows to protect customer privacy have 357 words, post on www.cbsnews.com at March 21, 2016. This is cached page on Konitono News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.