- A vigil for the student is planned for Saturday night
- Cameron broke his neck, CNN affiliate KNOE reports
- A player in Texas was paralyzed after a collision with other players in a junior varsity game
(CNN)A Louisiana high school football player died after suffering an injury while playing a game Friday, the Franklin Parish coroner’s office said.
Tyrell will live on in the memory of those who loved him. Prayers for his family. Support from throughout the state is greatly appreciated
— FPHS-athletics (@fphs_athletics) September 5, 2015
All of Sterlington Football’s prayers are with the Franklin Parish family tonight. Tonight and in the coming weeks we are all Patriots.
— Sterlington Football (@RiseUpAndFight1) September 5, 2015
CNN’s Steve Almasy and Tony Marco contributed to this report.
- Mississippi high school football player dies after collapsing during game
- Illinois teen becomes seventh high school football player to die from injuries suffered during game
- Seattle high school football player, 17, dies days after critical injury in game: officials
- California high school football player suffers head injury while making tackle
- Keeping young players safe on the football field
- Best-known JUCO football players who went pro from Maricopa Community Colleges
- Comeaux football: 2018 schedule, players to watch and projected starting lineup
- 'Racial discrimination': Players sue Maricopa Community Colleges over cutting football
- Inside the Manning Passing Academy: The Daily News spends four days with Peyton, Eli, Archie and team at now famous Louisiana camp
- Derek Stingley is turning out to be the special player his grandfather envisioned
- Suicide, quarterbacks and the Hilinskis: A family tries to move on, as another brother heads to school