Iowa is the best state in the nation when it comes to infrastructure, healthcare, opportunity and education among other topics, according to a new report. U.S. News & World Report ranked Iowa No. 1 in the country in its Best States rankings released Tuesday — which evaluates all 50 states across a range of criteria. This is the second year U.S. News has ranked states. Last year, Iowa was sixth overall. According to this year’s report, the rankings show how each of the 50 U.S. states perform in 77 metrics across eight categories. Those categories include: Health care Education Economy Opportunity Infrastructure Crime Fiscal stability Quality of life The data behind the rankings came from McKinsey & Company’s Leading States Index, the report said, and results from the eight categories were based on the average of two years’ worth of data from an annual national survey that asked more than 30,000 people to prioritize each subject in their state. Follow the Des Moines Register on Facebook | Download the Des Moines Register app Here’s how Iowa ranked in each category: Infrastructure: 1st Health care: 3rd Opportunity: 4th Education: 5th Quality of life: 9th Crime: 15th Economy: 17th Fiscal stability: 21st Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds joined “CBS This Morning” in… Read full this story
- College Football Power Rankings: Ohio State sticks at No. 1, Oregon makes huge jump
- The Democrats' family feud: Insults fly as the top 10 candidates go head-to-head for the first time with Joe Biden targeted for his age, bitter disputes over healthcare and candidates wrestling over who is the TRUE heir to Obama
- College bowl confidence pool odds 2019: Picks, best predictions from expert on 96-69 roll
- 2019 College Bowl Games: Confidence football pool picks, predictions from top-rated computer model
- 2020 Daily Trail Markers: Democrats look to oust New Jersey defector Jeff Van Drew
Iowa ranks as the best state to live in America, U.S. News says have 311 words, post on www.desmoinesregister.com at September 22, 2015. This is cached page on Konitono News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.