Need another reason to improve your website’s security? If you have yet to use a secure HTTPS connection for your website, customers may soon have a harder time finding your business online. In an effort to make the Web a safer place and to ensure that websites accessed from Google don’t put visitors at risk, Google recently announced that it will now start using a website’s security to determine its ranking on search results. In addition to preventing and fixing security breaches, this change will require businesses to start using a secure, encrypted HTTPS, or Transport Security Layer (TLS), connection on their websites. The search giant is a big proponent of online security, and advocates for an “HTTPS everywhere” movement across the Web. All of its services — from search to Gmail and Google Drive — automatically use HTTPS to establish a secure connection between users and Google’s platforms. This is a move the company hopes other websites will emulate. [Google for Business: A Small Business Guide] HTTPS-based search rankings have been in the works for the past few months in Google’s test labs. Although the change will currently only affect less than 1 percent of global searches (high-quality content… Read full this story
- Google has revealed its top searches of 2018
- John Mulligan: 'Start your engines: The search for a new Ryanair CEO begins'
- Google starts censoring search results in Russia – report
- Hacker breaks Luas website security demanding a Bitcoin in five days
- World Cup, Meghan Markle or Royal Wedding? Google reveals Brits’ TOP searches for 2018
- Romanian researcher and six other experts awarded by Google for Security and Privacy discoveries
- Google's boss just explained exactly how search results work
- Republican grills Google CEO on why pictures of Donald Trump appear when you search the word ‘idiot’
- Twitter Ablaze as Google Reveals Why Trump Pops Up in 'Idiot' Search Results
- Google 'effectively ends' plans for censored Chinese search engine
- Google launches new password and account protection tools for Safer Internet Day
- ”What is Bitcoin” was the most popular Google search in Romania in 2018, signaling people's interest in finance
Google Starts Factoring Website Security Into Search Rankings have 354 words, post on www.businessnewsdaily.com at August 7, 2014. This is cached page on Konitono News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.