The official unveiling of the Apple’s iPhone 6 is allegedly scheduled for next month, but gossip news website, TMZ thought it scored a possible sneak peak of the new phone.
But doubt surfaced almost immediately online by Apple experts on 9 to 5 Mac, who said the photo is of an Android clone and definitely not the iPhone 6.
9 to 5 Mac pointed out several flaws in the “exclusive” TMZ photos including how the home screen displays the iOS 7 layout instead of the newer iOS 8 and a noticeably different font size and thickness on the Calendar icon.
According to TMZ, an ex-employee of Apple smuggled the phone out of a Foxconn factory in China — where the majority of iPhones are manufactured. The phone’s owner told the gossip site that the new silver phone is “noticeably lighter” and appears to have a new sensor on the front for an unknown purpose. He also said it was running on an authentic Apple operating system since it was still in the development stage when it was smuggled out of the factor.
Unfortunately Mac-lovers will have to wait a little longer to see the new iPhone.
Mac-lovers and analysts speculate that the phone will be revealed on September 9 since the iPhone 5C and 5S were released at a similar time last year. The iPhone 6 is rumored to be available to buy on September 19.
- Was Venezuela's rebel cop executed? Leaked photos raise questions
- Sen. Joni Ernst denies ex-husband's allegation that she had an affair, says she is 'a survivor'
- Prince William’s advice on whirlwind Meghan Markle romance ‘just riled’ Prince Harry, says royal expert
- Meghan Markle receives ‘unusual show of affection’ from Kate Middleton despite alleged feud, says royal expert
- Tim Cook has a really big iPhone problem
- How to switch from Android to iPhone, and what you lose if you do
- Ambassador says it's an 'offence' to suggest Assange will be removed
- The Latest: Apple says its new services will respect privacy
- Schoolboy, 15, left scarred after iPhone battery explodes in his face
- Davina Rankin claims MAFS experts never speak to cast off-camera
- ‘THE GOOD CENSOR’: Leaked Google Briefing Admits Abandonment of Free Speech for ‘Safety And Civility’
- 8K TVs show the tech industry indulging in a bad habit
- Bravo exec says Lisa Vanderpump's future on RHOBH is 'uncertain'
- Porsha Williams blasts Nene Leakes for alleged post-baby fat-shaming texts
- McCain associate shared unverified Steele dossier with Buzzfeed, court filing says
- Women say conditions at crowded Michigan prison 'cruel and unusual'
- Conor McGregor will definitely dodge 15 YEARS behind bars ‘for smashing phone out of fan’s hand' lawyer says
- Former West Memphis Three inmate Damien Echols says he pays ‘very little attention’ to true crime fandom
- Officials say this law is about online safety. Experts say it's a Trojan horse for internet censorship
- Royal RIVALRY: Meghan Markle’s African garden OVERSHADOWS Kate’s at Chelsea Flower Show
Alleged leaked photos of the iPhone 6 shows a clone says Mac experts have 465 words, post on www.nydailynews.com at August 15, 2014. This is cached page on Konitono.News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.