Police say the younger sister of Brazil striker Hulk has returned home unhurt a day after being kidnapped. Authorities say 22-year-old Angelica Aparecida Vieira was released a few hundred meters from her house early Tuesday afternoon in the northeastern city of Campina Grande. Vieira had been missing since Monday but police weren’t sure whether it was a kidnapping case. Investigator Marcos Paulo told The Associated Press that Vieira confirmed she had been abducted, but the family denied paying a ransom. No arrests had been immediately made. Paulo said authorities still had to finalize their investigation before confirming it was a kidnapping. Vieira talked to police for about two hours after returning home. ”She told us that she was abducted but wasn’t hurt, that’s what is important,” he said. ”We are continuing our investigation to understand exactly what happened. If it was indeed a kidnapping, as it seems it was, we have to work to find those responsible for it.” Vieira went missing after being left in front of a restaurant in Campina Grande. A person who was with her at the time told police that he thought she was kidnapped, but there were no witnesses. Family members said she had… Read full this story
- Elizabeth Smart Responds to Release of Wanda Barzee, Woman Who Aided In Kidnapping: 'It Is Incomprehsible'
- Kidnapping suspect arrested in Nuevo Laredo
- Man Allegedly Kidnapped and Tortured Sister for Two Years, Leaving Her Unable to Communicate or Walk
- Wife on trial allegedly plotted to kidnap husband’s mistress over pregnancy rumors
- Kidnapped at 14, Elizabeth Smart says now, 'I am so lucky'
- Suspect identified in cold case kidnapping, rape, murder of Arkansas woman, officials say
- Man accused of kidnapping, raping teen inside St. Paul home now charged with murder in girlfriend’s death
- Great Falls man accused of elder abuse, kidnapping, assault
- No foul play in Saudi sisters' US deaths
- Man Sentenced to 20 Years for Raping 3 Sisters After Victim Wrote About the Sexual Assault in High School Essay
- Kidnapped by mum: the American teenager trapped in a South Korean cult
- In Production: An Austin Love Letter to L.A.
Hulk’s sister unhurt after kidnapping have 344 words, post on www.foxsports.com at November 6, 2012. This is cached page on Konitono News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.