US consumers aren’t overly anxious to go electric, but what about in Germany, where gas prices are near double the US’s? According to Thilo Koslowski of Gartner Research, interest in EVs remains low there as well, and the big gainer in recent years has been hybrid technology… at the expense of the once-ubiquitous diesel, demand for which has “peaked” according to Koslowski’s research. Says the man who coined the term “the trough of disappointment,” Although the majority of German consumers continue to see EVs’ benefits in environmental and socioeconomic implications, broad adoption of EVs will remain low as long as current offerings don’t meet drivers’ practical usability and cost-saving requirements. To expand from early to mainstream EV adopters in Germany, automotive companies must focus on technology innovations, offer pricing strategies that are aligned with established premiums for diesel and hybrid powertrain options and develop diverse EV model mixes targeted at younger consumer segments that have higher EV interest levels than older demographics… E-mobility will become a viable addition to future transportation scenarios in Germany, but automotive companies and the German Government must address marketability requirements of EVs, prioritise technology investments and continue to promote cross-industry collaboration. Future mobility concepts will consist… Read full this story
- Volvo Won’t Pursue Diesel Development Any Further Than It Already Has
- Germany In March 2012: No Crash
- Old Hat: European Sale of Diesel Cars Overtaken by Gasoline for the First Time Since 2009
- Diesel Prices Hit Parity With Gasoline
- Used diesel market buoyant despite new car sales slump
- India to be among top 5 markets for hybrids and EVs by 2023
- 'We have a long-term outlook of India’s growing market and are beginning operations step by step.'
- Energy outlook looks bad for biofuels, fuel prices and electric vehicles
- The Continental: AMG Ponders Second Sports Car, Audi Registers SQ5 and RSQ5 Names, and Mercedes’ $92K Hybrid System
- Review: 2013 Ford C-MAX Energi Plug-In Hybrid (Video)
- Exclusive: Bharat Forge plans new product lines for EVs by 2020
Hybrid Consideration On The Rise In Germany While Diesel Drops And EV Outlook Remains Weak have 324 words, post on www.thetruthaboutcars.com at August 11, 2011. This is cached page on Konitono News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.