What is Premenstrual Syndrome?
PMS is the common condition that appears frequently in women during the premenstrual phase of the menstrual cycle or 7 days before menstruating. Abnormal hormone level, biochemical irregularities, improper diet, nutritional deficiencies, psychological factors and many others are considered as cause of Premenstrual Syndrome.
Different Ways to Counter PMS
PMS can be effectively treated in several different ways. Following are some commonly used PMS treatments.
Dietary Variation to Treat PMS
Certain diets can also use to treat premenstrual syndrome. It is suggested to reduce the salt intake, salty foods, fatty foods and sweets. Because excess consumption of salt increase the body thirst and drag water from the cells that result in bloating, weight gain and water retention.
It has also noticed that reduction in alcohol and caffeine also improves (PMS) Premenstrual syndrome condition. If you are suffering from PMS Alcohol utilization result in depression while caffeine can make you nervous and bad tempered and you can also feel breast tenderness.
It is also advised to change eating habit. Try to eat six small meals in place of 3 large meals and couple of snacks. This will help to avoid undesirable weight gain. Complex carbohydrates are also helpful to counter PMS. Complex carbohydrates can increase the serotonin level. Complex carbohydrates include whole grains, whole grain pasta, cereals, fruits and vegetables.
Powdered drinks are also available that increase the body level of carbohydrate to treat PMS. Calcium rich foods also help to counter PMS. Milk and calcium supplements with Vitamin D both provide calcium. Double calcium consumption reduces chances to suffer PMS to 30%.
Role of Exercise in PMS Treatment
Exercise does great help to counter PMS. Regular exercise release Endorphins. Endorphins are chemicals naturally present in brain. Endorphins can improve the mood. Only 20 minutes daily exercise three times a week facilitate the endorphin release. Exercises include running, biking and brisk walk. Exercise also cut down stress and depression through endorphin release.
Light Therapy to Treat PMS
Sunlight is very beneficial to improve PMS. Switch on all the lights on cloudy days and during winter evenings. Light helps to reduce depression due to PMS. Early morning contact with light in combination with exercise at least for 20-30 min has found very beneficial in PMS treatment.
Massage and Use of Warm Water in PMS Treatment
Body massage promotes relaxation of muscles, releases pain and reduce stress. There is a range of massagers and massage oils available commercially that can easily used at home. Soaking your body in warm water, warm water bath and use of heating pad or a hot water bottle also reduce muscle cramps. All these things relax muscles and improve nervous mood.
Use of Supplements to Counter PMS
Certain supplements are also use to treat premenstrual syndrome. Such supplements include Vitamin supplements such as calcium, B vitamins and magnesium. Calcium is known to reduce PMS symptoms such as bloating and bad temper. Vitamin B and magnesium support estrogen metabolism through liver. Herbal supplements also contain B-complexes, Vitamin C and some minerals also like Zinc. But you must consult to doctor before using such supplement.
Medications to counter Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS)
Several medicines are also available to treat PMS. PMS medication includes pain relievers, diuretics (water pills) that get rid of excess water, antidepressant, anti inflammatory drugs such as Mefenamic Acid (Ponstel) and Libuprofen (Advil, Mortin).
are non steroidal anti inflammatory drugs.
Other medicines are also available to treat PMS. These include medicines like fluoxetines, citalopram, and paroxetine with common brand names Zoloft, Paxil and Prozac. Estrogen pills are also use to treat PMS. But these medicines must use after consulting any doctor.
It is good to try to know the cause of PMS symptoms and try to cure PMS. Because the use of medicines to treat PMS is not appreciated, due to various side effects of the Drugs.
- Pakistan calls for global coalition to counter India's hate-mongering
- Vietnam PM asks for long-term stimulus plan to counter COVID-19 impact
- PM Modi invites EU firms to invest, boost economy
- Back to the wall, Nepal PM Oli goes for broke. Now wants a party convention
- PM Narendra Modi: Brazil with same population as Uttar Pradesh recorded more COVID-19 deaths
- Gold smuggling case: Kerala CM writes to PM for probe
- PM Narendra Modi applauds role of people of Varanasi in helping needy during COVID-19 crisis
- PM Modi praises UP for containing the spread of Covid-19 pandemic
- Child patients in Delhi exhibit Kawasaki-like syndrome, COVID link suspected
- Pokemon Go Kyurem Raid Guide: Counters, Weaknesses, And Raid Hours
- Pokemon Go Kyurem Guide: Counters, Weaknesses, And Raid Hours
- Pokemon Go Kyurem Guide: Best Counters, Weaknesses, And Raid Hours
- Pokemon Go Kyurem Guide: Weaknesses, Best Counters, And Raid Hours
- PMO says PM’s comments interpreted mischievously
- Woman instantly brightens dingy kitchen for just £20 by painting tiles and using sticky back plastic on the counter tops
- PM Modi takes swipe at Pak, says some nations are arming terrorists
- Mann Ki Baat: People want PM Narendra Modi to talk about pollution, address issue of urban poverty
- No intrusion in our territory, army has free hand, says PM
- Coronavirus vaccine could be TWO YEARS away devastating global economy, ex-New Zealand PM warns
- Rajasthan audiotapes row: BJP files counter FIR against 3 Congress leaders, including Randeep Surjewala
How to Counter Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS) have 856 words, post on ezinearticles.com at June 25, 2008. This is cached page on Konitono.News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.