Online degree program was first introduced to fit the busy schedule for working adults to continue their education. The demands of online education continue to increase rapidly and become one of the popular channels for not only working adults but also other students to further their education through online degree programs. Today, online education extends it’s functionality by enabling students from oversea to pursue their degree from their country and allow local students to earn a degree from an abroad university.
Traditional Way of Study Abroad
It’s very common from students from various countries to study at universities at USA and Canada. Many American’s students do further their study at universities from other countries. Before the available of online education, students who need to study at any university location at any country worldwide, he/she need to physically travel to that country and live there to complete all the courses need to get their degree. Students who plan to study abroad need to include the living expenses, travel cost and other miscellaneous spending into their education budget. In additional, students need to apply for study visa, find a place to stay (if not stay at hostel) and they need to adapt themselves to the new living environment.
Online Degree’s Way of Study Abroad
The invention of internet connects the world and people from various locations; no matter how far away people can be connected with a click of button. Online education has utilized the technology of internet to connect universities and colleges together and enable the students from each country to take the courses across the borders. Many universities in corporation with universities from other countries to set up their online learning system and offer the students from that country to sign up for their degree program and attending their tuition class online from anywhere of the world.
Some degree programs, such as medical related programs require students to complete certain hours of lab works before that can pass for a degree. Those universities that offer courses that require lab work or practical training will either have a special arrangement with the local organization for students to complete their course work locally or the students is required to travel for a short period of time to the university for the purpose.
The Advantages of Study Abroad Through Online Degree Program
Study abroad in traditional way requires quite a lump sum of money. Tuition fees, living expenses, air plane ticket cost, student insurance coverage for study abroad and other hidden costs may add up to a larger lump sum. The high education cost may be a burden to many parents, and it may stop those parents to send their children to pursue a degree oversea if they can’t get a scholarship for them. That’s why traditional way of study abroad is for parents with good income or students that manage to a good scholarship that include both tuition fee and living allowance.
The available of online education has reduced to cost of getting a degree oversea tremendously. Beside the tuition fee for online courses are cheaper in average, students can save other expenses such as living & oversea traveling cost. Everything is done locally with local currency. Students who work part time to earn extra income can continue their work and attend the online class from their home, workplace or any place where they have access to internet.
Online degree programs have enabled students from any country in the world to earn a degree from any university worldwide in a cost effective way. With the available of online education, anyone can earn a degree from a university oversea without the need to leave their country.
- Meet the women and men going to Mars! Thirteen new astronauts join NASA under the Artemis program, making them candidates for the first human exploration of the Red Planet set for the mid-2030s
- Associate Degree for Transfer program aids CSU
- U.S. News Best Online College Programs Offered In Colorado, 2019
- Never finished your degree? The university system has an app that can help
- Israeli universities, colleges to launch English-Language reform
- ‘It needs serious homework’: how to find the perfect university course
- Meet NASA's first astronaut graduates of the Artemis program, eligible for missions to the moon and Mars
- Parents outraged as school uses online simulation game so 7th graders can role-play the life of a 14-year-old slave girl trying to escape a Kentucky plantation
- Rowan University Students Could Save $1.2 Million in 2020 By Professors Ditching Traditional Textbooks
- Spain's health minister quits over degree scandal
- UGC NET 2018 Online Registration Begins Today, Know Important Dates, Eligibility & Exam Pattern
- North Orissa University Recruitment 2020: Apply for 75 teaching posts by Feb 5
- Students with prestigious degrees from abroad face competitive job market
- A Universal Guide To PC Security
- Program allows students to gain 2 degrees from 2 colleges
- Homework without a home: Colorado college to open homeless shelter for students as degree-seekers struggle statewide
- Curtis Symphony Orchestra Tour Launching At Immaculata University
- Can Acadiana get to 55% of its adults with a degree or certification by 2025? Craftsmen, manufacturers need more skilled employees
- New to EVE Online? Here Are 5 Things You Can Do
- Tuition-free college? Louisiana teachers will be eligible under revived state programs
Online Degree Program - Enable You to Get A Degree from Abroad University have 859 words, post on ezinearticles.com at July 6, 2007. This is cached page on Konitono.News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.