Who wouldn’t like to outgoogle Google? Given the sophistication of today’s consumer search tools, many CIOs have users (and maybe even the CEO) banging on the door asking why valuable corporate data is still locked away in various places and unsearchable. Trying to capitalize on this need, a bevy of vendors are introducing or revamping enterprise search offerings. Most recently, IBM and Yahoo teamed up to create free, downloadable enterprise search software—the OmniFind Yahoo Edition—to compete with Google’s Mini device for enterprise departments and small to midsize businesses. (Mini search software comes in a preconfigured appliance, starting at $1,995.)All the flavors of search can be overwhelming. But for enterprises hoping to improve worker efficiency and business processes, it’s vital to understand what the current crop of low-cost, middle and high-end search options can and can’t do.The free OmniFind Yahoo Edition (designed by IBM to get a foothold in the enterprise search space, with the hope of selling product upgrades and services later) certainly has its limits. But Eric Brierly, CTO at Decision Critical, a company that provides online access to medical training and continuing-education programs for hospitals, nurses and doctors, was able to use it for more than just adding… Read full this story
- Magento Review: Best Enterprise E-Commerce Software
- Salesforce Review: Best CRM Software for Small Business
- How to Choose Online Tax Software for Business: A Buyer's Guide
- Best Tax Software for Business 2017
- Best Recruiting Software for Small Business
- Osclass Review: Best Free Recruiting Software
- Shopgate Review: Best App Maker for Retail and Shopping
- Sporting KC trades striker Diego Rubio to Colorado for Kelyn Rowe, allocation money
- 10 Top Companies That Are Hiring Now
- Switching Gears: 6 Startups That Successfully Reinvented Themselves
- What is Data Mining?
- 10 New Year's Resolutions for Small Businesses
Finding Value in Your Enterprise Search Options have 291 words, post on www.cio.com at March 19, 2007. This is cached page on Konitono News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.